IGNORED

Camhead Tools

West_Coaster

12 hours ago, West_Coaster said:

Deleted, found what I needed with the search finally.

What did you end up getting?

West_Coaster
16 hours ago, Indy Dave said:

What did you end up getting?

Turns out I have almost everything I need to service my bike. 

Not sure what I'm going to do about turning off the service light, a $300 GS911 seems expensive to remove the word service from the display. Hard to believe there is no way outside a dealer to do it, very inconvenient of BMW.

1 hour ago, West_Coaster said:

Turns out I have almost everything I need to service my bike. 

Not sure what I'm going to do about turning off the service light, a $300 GS911 seems expensive to remove the word service from the display. Hard to believe there is no way outside a dealer to do it, very inconvenient of BMW.

If your going to do all the servicing on your bike then an investment for a GS911 is in order. It's a tool like a torque wrench or multimeter.  With the GS911 you can scan and troubleshoot faults without shotgun troubleshooting.

At the end of the day it will be your decision. 

The GS911 will work with any BMW but you must have the correct connector. The newer BMW models use the standard OBDIi connector as I understand while older models, I believe 2016 and older still use the round connector. At least this is true for my 16 R1200RS. I have the newer model GS911 and use it on my 04 R1100S and my 16.

There is an adapter plug available to use on the round connector, which is from the OBDII end of the GS 911.  IF I recall, you simply select the GS 911 you need with the correct connector.   My RT needs the OBDII and my old school 2000 model C needs the round one.   The latest GS 911 will cover the Oilheads to present, but look on the FAQ section of the website to confirm the model coverage; they have a list of bikes and details what the GS 911 can do for those models.

Also make sure you have a plan for what device you will use with the GS911 - there are wired, WiFi and Bluetooth versions. Using a Mac vs pc vs Android will make a difference in how you access the information from the GS911. 

I have a Genuine Yellow Hexcode GS911 (not China knockoff), USB model with 8 open slots that works for your bike that I no longer need. PM me if you're interested.

Before you get the gs911 you should research the motoscan app. The app is $50 plus a cable and obd reader you’re at like $110 for the same functionality.

i was about to get the gs911 until I found the app which doesn’t require a pc to use.

no vin limit either