IGNORED

Tire changing

lather

I am going to do my first tire change on my 2013 R1200RT, the front. I have a No Mar tire tool. Any tips to avoid damaging the tire pressure sensors?. I have done many tire changes on my Concours 14 which also has sensors but I have never done a wheel with the stem on the side.

Take your time, pay attention to details. I have a No Mar myself and changed several tires. Plenty of lube and be careful. Shouldn't be a problem. 

1 hour ago, lather said:

I am going to do my first tire change on my 2013 R1200RT, the front. I have a No Mar tire tool. Any tips to avoid damaging the tire pressure sensors?. I have done many tire changes on my Concours 14 which also has sensors but I have never done a wheel with the stem on the side.

Afternoon  lather

The front rim isn't very wide & the sensor is not that narrow so you can damage the sensor with the tire bead if not careful. 

It doesn't seem right but (if) you need to pry  (help) the tire off of the rim then use the the iron  on the sensor side of the rim, same with re-installing the new tire  (you want it to seat onto the rim in the sensor area last). 

Easiest way to damage the front wheel TPS sensor is to allow the tire bead to  pull down between the sensor & the inner rim wall.