IGNORED

Rear Tire Balance Adapter

MachineJoe

1 hour ago, MachineJoe said:

My neighborhood cycle shop couldn't balance my rear tire so I made this adapter (from the hexhead group) but changed it by installing bearings.

IMG_2622.MOV 1.4 MB · 8 downloads

Afternoon Joe

Looks good,  hope those a very tight tolerance bearings as just little play in those brings  will allow the  wheel to not stay perfectly centered on it's true center. Usually those are made so that the shaft stays tight to the wheel center then the entire shaft/wheel spins on the bearings  (that way any bearing play or clearance doesn't change the true wheel center vs  the axle center).

58 minutes ago, dirtrider said:

Afternoon Joe

Looks good,  hope those a very tight tolerance bearings as just little play in those brings  will allow the  wheel to not stay perfectly centered on it's true center. Usually those are made so that the shaft stays tight to the wheel center then the entire shaft/wheel spins on the bearings  (that way any bearing play or clearance doesn't change the true wheel center vs  the axle center).

Hello dirtrider,

Bearings are pretty solid and machining concentricity was held to .0005” on bolt circle to bearing centers.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2020 at 11:02 AM, MachineJoe said:

My neighborhood cycle shop couldn't balance my rear tire so I made this adapter (from the hexhead group) but changed it by installing bearings.

IMG_2622.MOV 1.4 MB · 25 downloads

Sweet! I want to get something like this for the RTW as I usually do my own tires. That's nice and gives me shop envy too lol

• Like 1

I haven't balanced a rear tire in the last ten years and nearly 200k miles on all four bikes I've had,......don't even know why I balance the front.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1