IGNORED

Do your Aux Lights Turn Off When You Depress the Signal Cancel?

Claudio

My R1250RT came with OEM LED Aux Lights.  These lights are controlled with a switch on the left handlebar.

I added an additional set of Denali lights hooked up with a Denali CanSmart.  Everything seems normal except one odd behaviour that I am not sure is stock/default behaviour or if my Cansmart is doing something odd.

1. Power on the bike (not started)

2. Both the OEM Aux Lights and the New Denali Lights Power Up  (expected)

3. Press the turn signal cancel once, the OEM Aux lights turn off and will not turn on again until is start the bike and turn on the lights using the Aux switch. (odd/not expected).

To save me disconnecting my CanSmart (a small hassle), I wondered if anyone can run a quick test if the have the BMW LED Aux lights to see if this is normal behaviour.

6 hours ago, Claudio said:

My R1250RT came with OEM LED Aux Lights.  These lights are controlled with a switch on the left handlebar.

I added an additional set of Denali lights hooked up with a Denali CanSmart.  Everything seems normal except one odd behaviour that I am not sure is stock/default behaviour or if my Cansmart is doing something odd.

1. Power on the bike (not started)

2. Both the OEM Aux Lights and the New Denali Lights Power Up  (expected)

3. Press the turn signal cancel once, the OEM Aux lights turn off and will not turn on again until is start the bike and turn on the lights using the Aux switch. (odd/not expected).

To save me disconnecting my CanSmart (a small hassle), I wondered if anyone can run a quick test if the have the BMW LED Aux lights to see if this is normal behaviour.

call Denalli.  It is a programming issue.  My Clearwatters can be turned on or off with a long press of the turn signal cancel switch.   I suspect denalli uses a similar feature.  Or there is a conflict between the Canbus signals and the Cansmart.

I have Clearwater Darlas along with the OEM LED aux lights.   The Clearwaters will not light up until engine is running.  Pushing the turn signal cancel button will power those off and NOT affect the OEM lights.  The handlebar switch still works as programmed from the factory.   Maybe programming your lights may have upset the factory parameters for the OEM lights.  As Carlisja stated get with Denali until someone on the board that had a similar issue, posts a reply.

Thx.  I'll contact Denali support.

Coincidentally, my Denali lights won't dim in 3 wire mode despite being connected with all Denali wiring/harness...etc.

I did a quick test after fully disconnecting my CanSmart from the bike and to my surprise, this is stock behaviour of my 2019 1250RT.

The Aux lights, if on when the bike ignition is turned on, will turn off when the signal cancel is pressed.  After the bike is started, they turn back on automatically.  The behaviour was unaffected by the presence of the CanSmart.

3 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

Does the switch for the Aux lights work too?

Yes it does.  The turn cancel only turns them off if they are on with the ignition on (bike not running).  Aux switch works normally.