lawnchairboy

Democratic ticket is set

Skywagon

Set aside politics for a moment.  Children separated from their parents and can't find them.  Really?  Again forget politics and party.  The US (world) has the capability to do this.  With the internet, intelligence, LEO, personal fortitude, and plenty of other agencies this should be a piece of cake.  I'll over simplify (cuz I like simple).  Take all the children that are missing parents.  Take all the parents that are missing children.  Post them on a website and let them hook up virtually.  If there is a claimed match do a quick DNA test to verify not somebody stealing kids.

Heck...in recent months I was able to find an ancestor from 1685 and where he is buried.  I will visit soon. 

I have to plead a bit of ignorance here as I don't know if there is still separation and if so how much.  I know it did happen and the public said stop...no... fix.  It's hard for me to imagine if this problem is still our there with all we have we couldn't solve it in 1 week.  Now once you solve it what do you do.. that is a whole different question.

P.S.  For a finders fee and access to the data....I guarantee this is solvable in short order.  Just give it to a bail bonds company.

Rougarou
1 hour ago, realshelby said:

Don't spin it too far. Never said Trump wanted to hold them forever. Might be the parents are not able to do anything, they may be held somewhere else and not allowed outside access. As far as being legal....Trump the Dictator doesn't care about that. Treating humans like this shouldn't need a law to explain why it is wrong. 

This is a tough situation. What do you do with these people? Pay to send them back where they came from, or find a country that will take them? I get that allowing everyone in that comes to a border isn't the answer. But taking children from families doesn't seem to have an upside?

But you did highlight "TEMPORARY",  so what was the thought on "how long" Trump would keep them?......must'a been TEMPORARY as well.

52 minutes ago, Paul De said:

You do realize that it has been reported that the Trump cabinet in his first year voted on 100% separation of children from parents and it was done as a punitive deterrent. The only dissenting vote was Kirstjen Nielsen and Trump showed his loyalty to her after she kept her mouth shut about her opposition and carried out his policy by hanging her out to dry when this ill conceived policy blew up in his face by the unexpectedly large push back of the American people.  Amazing that team Trump couldn't anticipate that it was really dumb to do that and America wasn't going to react with horror and disgust.

Sometimes ugly things have to be done to get the issue across.  Seems the word did make it to the border as less crossings happened because of the separation of children from adults.  

realshelby

Temporary was 72 hours under the O'Bama administration. Were there those kept longer? Don't know. 20 days is the law for these people to be held. 

You ASSUME this had an effect on border crossings. In fact there were other policies that were put in place by Trump that were helping with that. Most of these people are the epitome of ignorant. Likely had no idea about what was going to happen to them or their children. 

We, as in the United States, have even been criticized by foreign allies over this. We want to preach Human Rights to China.....yet we are holding people in camps. 

But, if it is ok to hold children away from parents for weeks and months, I don't have to rebuttal if one thinks that is ok. 

• Like 1

Rougarou
16 minutes ago, realshelby said:

Temporary was 72 hours under the O'Bama administration. Were there those kept longer? Don't know. 20 days is the law for these people to be held. 

Key words, "don't know".

You ASSUME this had an effect on border crossings. In fact there were other policies that were put in place by Trump that were helping with that. Most of these people are the epitome of ignorant. Likely had no idea about what was going to happen to them or their children. 

Article kinda points to the zero tolerance and separation and your "assumption" of these folks being ignorant says something.  If you think word does not travel in third world countries, you've not traveled enough in third world countries.  

We, as in the United States, have even been criticized by foreign allies over this. We want to preach Human Rights to China.....yet we are holding people in camps. 

We're not killing them, there is a difference.  

What would you do if someone illegally entered your property and by all intents and purposes, the United States is its citizens property.  

But, if it is ok to hold children away from parents for weeks and months, I don't have to rebuttal if one thinks that is ok. 

Prove that each child was separated from its parent, you can't, you have no idea if the child separated from the adult is of any relation at all.

TEWKS

While I’m not agreeing with a lot of what they say, you have to give props to Terry & Paul on occasion for their dogged determination. ;) Skillful debaters.

But Richard, It’s very possible you‘ve missed your calling! :classic_biggrin: :thumbsup:

2e9e6efe-9ec3-495d-aea3-3b0a7a2a3568.gif

Rougarou
8 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

While I’m not agreeing with a lot of what they say, you have to give props to Terry & Paul on occasion for their dogged determination. ;) Skillful debaters.

But Richard, It’s very possible you‘ve missed your calling! :classic_biggrin: :thumbsup:

2e9e6efe-9ec3-495d-aea3-3b0a7a2a3568.gif

nah,

• Haha 1

realshelby

Yes, I make assumptions in what I debate. I think they are valid. As for the property, no one said they want everyone that comes to a border to cross it and take advantage of the US and what it offers. THAT is where all this BS started with Trump's BS about how bad the problem is with illegal aliens crossing the Mexican border. I don't live all that far away from it. I have worked at places that have illegal aliens working there. So I know how two-faced a lot of people are about this subject. Crops are not getting harvested right now because of this. So spare me the rightous border sanctity and by God we will shut the illegals down. We have spent incredible amounts of money on this already, just to appease Dictator Trump. It simply never was the problem he presented it was. Just like voter fraud. 

No one said EACH child was separated from its parent, but the facts back up that at least hundreds were. Add to that those children that came with NO adults, which maybe you are referring to. Even if proof was black and white, those in the Fox Bubble would find a conspiracy in it. Own it, Trump even stated these practices were to be a deterrent. 

Rougarou
1 hour ago, realshelby said:

Yes, I make assumptions in what I debate. I think they are valid. As for the property, no one said they want everyone that comes to a border to cross it and take advantage of the US and what it offers. THAT is where all this BS started with Trump's BS about how bad the problem is with illegal aliens crossing the Mexican border. I don't live all that far away from it. I have worked at places that have illegal aliens working there. So I know how two-faced a lot of people are about this subject. Crops are not getting harvested right now because of this. So spare me the rightous border sanctity and by God we will shut the illegals down. We have spent incredible amounts of money on this already, just to appease Dictator Trump. It simply never was the problem he presented it was. Just like voter fraud. 

No one said EACH child was separated from its parent, but the facts back up that at least hundreds were. Add to that those children that came with NO adults, which maybe you are referring to. Even if proof was black and white, those in the Fox Bubble would find a conspiracy in it. Own it, Trump even stated these practices were to be a deterrent. 

I guess the whole illegal border crossings started in 2016 (so no money spent on this prior to that),....so ya, Trump has to own that I guess.....since prior to 2016 no illegal border crossings were happening and no money spent, it all started in 2016 when this law was created, not before 2016, but November of 2016.....my bad.....and ya he stated it to be a deterrent and it was.    Really want to fix immigration, fine the fuck outta those that don't have I-9's completed with proper documentation by the applicant. 

Righteous border sanctity,.....it's the citizens border, you don't like it, find yourself a place with open borders,......I hear Europe has that and I did see that Italy has a couple of villages that will actually pay you to move there and don't prosecute anyone that illegally enters your property. 

You keep alluding to Fox, you must watch it alot.  Since they removed it from the TVs at work, I've not seen it in two plus years and I've already shown you the news sites I go to, but you keep on thinking that people that think like me ONLY tune in to fox or their websites,.....ya, that's the ticket.

Ya, there's some children/parent separation, but tell me, how do you PROVE which is which.  Methinks they're not carrying birth certificates or baptismal records.

realshelby

Come on Richard! You know I know money was spent on the border before Trump. Before O'Bama too. But no one was dipping into military funds to do it, no one was in a rush to build a wall ( that Trump said Mexico would pay for ) as a monument to them.  But what you don't seem to get is that those that are hiring the illegal aliens are business owners. And lean toward Republican voting. They want the cheap labor and will circumvent the law with a big smile and joke about it. I know, I was part of sitting in on that for years. 

I do watch Fox, to see what they have to say about things. I do spend more time on other outlets by far. Seems to bother you when I use statements not meant to include you personally. Don't take it that way. The Fox Bubble is a thing. If you are not part of that, well that is certainly a good thing if only in my opinion. 

But, I think you and I are done "debating" this. Telling me if I don't like something...then leave isn't proving a point. 

Rougarou
48 minutes ago, realshelby said:

Come on Richard! You know I know money was spent on the border before Trump. Before O'Bama too. But no one was dipping into military funds to do it, no one was in a rush to build a wall ( that Trump said Mexico would pay for ) as a monument to them.  But what you don't seem to get is that those that are hiring the illegal aliens are business owners. And lean toward Republican voting. They want the cheap labor and will circumvent the law with a big smile and joke about it. I know, I was part of sitting in on that for years. 

We don't know if money was re-routed previously, it wasn't as big of a question on immigration and I don't really want to research it all, just think of anything that Trump does and is magnified x amount compared to others or some things he/his administration does and gets zero credit (today Sudan/Israel that mainstream minimally mentioned) and yes, I think that is a big deal.  If Obamas administration had brokered that deal, holy hell, you would have think we landed on Mars an establish a colony.  Oh, and Texas ain't the only state with illegals, we have plenty here in NC, whole communities where you'd think you were in TJ.

Also, in my opinion, military budget should be used to protect the American border, so, again in my opinion, it is justified to use defense funds for the defense of America and we should have American troops on the borders protecting them, I don't see how it would violate the posse comitatus act by doing so, they wouldn't be enforcing the law but protecting the border, simple defense. 

So by Trump pushing for stronger border control, you are saying he's turning off business owners that would typically support the republican/his agenda, which you should be fine with all the talk he does because that would mean less votes for him, which would thrill you, I'd guess.  I would think you would want him to continue this immigration talk so as to actually push away the typical republican business owner.

48 minutes ago, realshelby said:

I do watch Fox, to see what they have to say about things. I do spend more time on other outlets by far. Seems to bother you when I use statements not meant to include you personally. Don't take it that way. The Fox Bubble is a thing. If you are not part of that, well that is certainly a good thing if only in my opinion. 

But, I think you and I are done "debating" this. Telling me if I don't like something...then leave isn't proving a point. 

The leave was a jest/sarcasm, shoulda put a :flipoff: in there, but anyway, it be what it be.

Doesn't bother me so much as being lumped in with a perception.  Just as you are perceived as being a liberal.

taylor1

What totally eludes me is were are the parents of all these children? I don't care what type of circumstance it could be to have myself and my child separated,

I would use my last breathe to get my child back.

TEWKS
10 minutes ago, taylor1 said:

What totally eludes me is were are the parents of all these children? 

Biological Parents, back in Mexico or further south. It’s been noted that most of these kids were used as props to get adults into the country or they were sent off by poor parents hoping for a better life for their kids. True, as much as kids can be a PITA, the human species don’t do that. It’s very unnatural.

• Thanks 1

TEWKS

Google Tony Bobulinski before November 3rd. 
20682161-9b84-409f-bc06-6a61c04c7f57-lar

Paul De

I guess you are going to be like a bulldog with a pork chop with this.  Can't get you to drop it.  But we'll give it one more try.

https://www.newsweek.com/tucker-carlsons-tony-bobulinski-interview-viewed-over-25-million-times-twitter-trump-says-big-1543001

Qanon is apoplectic with this story, so it should be a red flag for you.

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=WxKaX6bPHdWPtAbki7XoBQ&q=Tony+Bobulinski&oq=Tony+Bobulinski&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAzILCAAQsQMQgwEQyQMyBQgAEMQCMgUIABDEAjIECAAQAzIECAAQAzIECAAQAzIECAAQAzIECAAQAzIECAAQAzIECAAQA1DUCVjUCWC3J2gAcAB4AIAB-wOIAfsDkgEDNS0xmAEAoAECoAEBqgEHZ3dzLXdpeg&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwjm6PGUy9jsAhXVB80KHeRFDV0Q4dUDCAg&uact=5

But if you just can't help chasing after corruption and undue influence a foreign entity may have over the president. Here is a bigger pork chop to chase. And the best part, it has real verifiable facts that connect Trump directly to the account.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/10/donald-trump-chinese-bank-account 

TEWKS

Paul do you believe Bobulinski is flat out lying?

The President’s explanation of the bank account in China was pretty plausible I thought. International businessmen do business all over the world. China included. 

Why if the FBI had this info (laptop) for a year and held it is suspicious. But if the facts are the facts and Joe was siphoning money out of these dealings, are you comfortable with him as the next President?

Until he goes missing in the Rose Garden, anyway. :dontknow: :grin:

• Like 1

Paul De

That's a lot of ifs and requires buying into the deep state conspiracy theory that the FBI held the lap top it to protect Biden.  There still is a question if that laptop is really Hunter Biden's, or if that hard drive is actually from the laptop, let alone the versatility of the emails themselves.  Let's see them from the ISP servers that were used to transmit the emails. But for a moment let's assume there is a deep state and the emails are real, no one shows any direct connection to Joe Biden, just innuendo.  Nothing shows up in Biden's taxes either.  So yes, Bobulinski could very well be lying.  Looking at this in the broader context of timing in the election cycle it sort of has the stench of the 11th hour Swift Boat thing perpetrated on Kerry.  Could be a standard Republican dirty tricks play right out of the Lee Atwater playbook, accuse your opponent of the very thing you are guilty of and gaslight the voter in all your campaign speeches.

Yeah no worries about Trump having a bank account buried in a LLC shell company to hide its ownership and the account which was inactive until Trump became president. And as soon as Trump is president that inactive account is used to park money from a claimed sale of a penthouse at top of market value from a person who consults the political elites within the Chinese government. Then 15 million was personally siphoned off by Donald Trump, a guy who refuses to release his taxes.  On the innuendo front this has all the hall marks of a money laundering scheme.  

So to your question. Am I comfortable with Biden who has never had a history of corruption in 47 years of public service, or Trump who has lost court cases for being a corrupt con artist being POTUS?.  Is there really any question?

TEWKS

Thanks for taking the time. :thumbsup:

TEWKS

Like I mentioned, Trump is a businessman who made and lost a lot of money. That happens when you’re a doer. And looking in from the outside haters could draw your conclusions. Middle class Joe on the other hand has done very very well in public life. Millions of dollars in real estate on $200K a year job. Pretty good money management I’d say. That’s my perspective on it anyway, right, wrong IDK, but it’s mine. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

Rougarou

I gotta raise the flag on this  that just sounds stoopid movie tricks

Bullshit Flag GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

realshelby

The only reason Trump is still in office...is his manipulation of the Justice Department and Judges. From the obstruction in the Impeachment case, where almost no data or documents requested or witnesses were allowed, to the magical tax returns, to the Chinese bank accounts, yet to be release Mueller report....and on and on. Once Trumps control, and more importantly the assumption a President cannot be indicted is past there will be HELL to pay. There will be some cringe at what they argued about in the past 4 years supporting Trump....

These "Biden" e-mails stink of corruption through and through. Steve Bannon? Really? Then Gulianni? The timing of this points to manipulation from the start. I have no idea, the e-mails mentioned may will be actual. BUT...there is nothing showing Joe Biden provided a meeting or got money out of this. So, as one here loves to mention, this is pretty much heresay as to what is going on. Considering the source path and timing, I would like to wave Richards BS flag on this one. 

Paul De
1 hour ago, Rougarou said:

I gotta raise the flag on this  that just sounds stoopid movie tricks

Bullshit Flag GIFs | Tenor

Oh boy another Q drop for the Qanon conspiracy theory delusional folks.  Haha, Stoopid Movie Tricks is right. This is the equivalent of the dog ate my homework!  Honest! Really?  It sure didn't work for me in the 3rd grade, why would muckraker Carlson think this works in the adult world.  'Ol Tucker probably should have sent it USPS Certified & Registered mail, except they got to see you seal the stuff up in the envelope...that might have been too tough of a slight of hand for the folks at Faux News.  Notice how Tucker doesn't call the carrier out by name, that tells me he is blowing smoke and doesn't want a defamation suite draining his wallet along with an on air apology for lying.

Wait, what!? Was this well known company one of those that Louise DeJoy has a significant investments in...Now that is sort of funny.

Rougarou
8 minutes ago, Paul De said:

USPS Certified & Registered mail, except they got to see you seal the stuff up in the envelope.

No they don't.  I send stuff all the time this way.  Drop it off already addressed and sealed with Registered label and return green card.  USPS has never asked to have it sealed in front of them.

Paul De
6 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

No they don't.  I send stuff all the time this way.  Drop it off already addressed and sealed with Registered label and return green card.  USPS has never asked to have it sealed in front of them.

I stand corrected, as I have always sealed them at the post office.   Still  this is an incredulous tale by Carlson.  Who the hell sends the originals or at least keeps copies if these documents were that valuable.

• Thanks 1

Rougarou
2 minutes ago, Paul De said:

I stand corrected, as I have always sealed them at the post office.   Still  this is an incredulous tail by Carlson.  Who the hell sends the originals or at least keeps copies if these documents were that valuable.

Hence the beautiful flag raising of Bullsheetlia.

• Like 1

Skywagon

In my work life as a COO we did business in 180 countries. All but 3 required establishing a legal entity including banking... even Venezuela We decided to get out of V about 10 years ago due to the government and monetary corruption. I would expect it to be completely normal for the Biden’s and Trumps to have a bank account in China if they are doing business in China. It would be unusual not to have an account and possibly prohibited. Geopolitical issues altered our business locations frequently. It was/is common to enter a country and leave. In our contracts we always had language to give us freedom to come or go based on geopolitical issues

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

realshelby

Having the China bank account isn't a problem to me. 

Lying about having it is, and is a Trump pattern. 

Antimatter
2 hours ago, Paul De said:

Oh boy another Q drop for the Qanon conspiracy theory delusional folks.  Haha, Stoopid Movie Tricks is right. This is the equivalent of the dog ate my homework!  Honest! Really?  It sure didn't work for me in the 3rd grade, why would muckraker Carlson think this works in the adult world.  'Ol Tucker probably should have sent it USPS Certified & Registered mail, except they got to see you seal the stuff up in the envelope...that might have been too tough of a slight of hand for the folks at Faux News.  Notice how Tucker doesn't call the carrier out by name, that tells me he is blowing smoke and doesn't want a defamation suite draining his wallet along with an on air apology for lying.

Wait, what!? Was this well known company one of those that Louise DeJoy has a significant investments in...Now that is sort of funny.

If only someone in technology could figure out a way to send documents electronically.  Or perhaps a machine that would make copies of them so, if one set got lost, you'd have another set at your fingertips. 

Or are copy machines part of the Deep State?  I know the one in our office has been watching me...

The Biden campaign sent a message to Tucker, telling him that if they're elected they will properly fund the USPS and get rid of DeJoy. 

TEWKS
11 minutes ago, realshelby said:

This doesn’t sound like a lie to me. Could you point out where he denied having it? :dontknow:

Hosstage
15 minutes ago, realshelby said:

It's not the crime. 

It's the cover up.

• Thanks 1

Skywagon

Sorry I am confused...Genuine I don't know question.  Who covered up what?  If either party has a bank relationship with a country and has a legal entity, that financial arrangement is part of the legal entity filing.  The legal entity filing is public record in most countries and is a matter of record with SEC filings.  I've set up dozens of them before I retired.  They aren't secret.  Please explain cover up...not saying not possible but I'm not sure what you are referencing.

• Like 1

Hosstage

My comment was not referring specifically to the account in China, and its legality or not, but just a general comment that more often the cover up of a crime is worse than the actual crime committed. I meant to clarify that when I posted, but inadvertantly ommited that part.

• Thanks 1

realshelby
20 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

This doesn’t sound like a lie to me. Could you point out where he denied having it? :dontknow:

Trump doesn't "deny" it in your video. Already caught with it, how could he? Because it is listed under his Trump Hotels account he can legally not disclose it on his personal assets public filings. I do believe other holdings not "required" were listed, but let's give Trump the benefit of that for the moment. 

Lying about closing it is typical Trump. The account is still open as far as I know. Trump later told NYT it was still open but not used. 

Article from Vanity Fair:

"The foreign accounts do not show up on Mr. Trump’s public financial disclosures, where he must list personal assets, because they are held under corporate names. The identities of the financial institutions are not clear. The Chinese account is controlled by Trump International Hotels Management LLC, which the tax records show paid $188,561 in taxes in China while pursuing licensing deals there from 2013 to 2015.

In 2017, the company reported an unusually large spike in revenue—some $17.5 million, more than the previous five years’ combined. It was accompanied by a $15.1 million withdrawal by Mr. Trump from the company’s capital account."

Skywagon

it would be interesting to see the results of his withdrawal.  I suspect as an officer of the company he is entitled to a multi-million dollar compensation.  Much of that in companies happens once a year...bonus time.  Our top exec in my last year received a $50Million dollar cash bonus....all approved by the board.  I'm not saying what he did was right or wrong, what I am saying in NYT is telling you what they want you to hear not the whole truth.

• Like 1

Paul De

Pat,

5 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Thanks for taking the time. :thumbsup:

Good thing its cold as hell here right now because I spent a little more time on this 11th hour revelation.  You may want to read this.  All of the emails 'ol Rudy turned over had the meta data stripped out of them...Now that is very curious. Something so very important that Tucker seems to overlook.  Why? 

https://www.citizensjournal.us/hunter-biden-emails-could-be-absolutely-verified-if-rudy-giuliani-released-the-metadata-expert-says/

Rougarou
12 minutes ago, Paul De said:

Pat,

Good thing its cold as hell here right now because I spent a little more time on this 11th hour revelation.  You may want to read this.  All of the emails 'ol Rudy turned over had the meta data stripped out of them...Now that is very curious. Something so very important that Tucker seems to overlook.  Why? 

https://www.citizensjournal.us/hunter-biden-emails-could-be-absolutely-verified-if-rudy-giuliani-released-the-metadata-expert-says/

We do that quite a bit where I work, not so unusual for work emails.  Personal, ya, it'd be odd unless the individual is highly security conscious, of course, with the world we live in and the business the accused are in,  I'd be stripping more than the metadata.

Christine Blasey Ford: "I have no witnesses, no details, and no evidence"

Media: "Extremely Credible!"

Tony Bobulinski: "I have phone recordings, emails, texts, itineraries and receipts"

Media: "Not credible"

• Like 1

Paul De
34 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Christine Blasey Ford: "I have no witnesses, no details, and no evidence"

Media: "Extremely Credible!"

Tony Bobulinski: "I have phone recordings, emails, texts, itineraries and receipts"

Media: "Not credible"

Apples and oranges.  One is a first person account that those who watched her testimony under oath found her to be credible, even the Republicans on the Judiciary Committee said so, but insufficient as the was no  evidence presented. The second is a guy who claims to have all the evidence and a compelling story, but his story  is supported by the data that is plagued with veracity problems, so his story remains not credible. Trump's hack lawyer has a way to clear the veracity issue, but does not and the latest block buster proof as promoted by a right wing muckraker conveniently goes poof days before the election just to keep those predisposed to conspiracy theories all ginned up about corruption of a guy who has no history of corruption and conveniently defects from the guy who clearly has real issues with corruption.

Here is another view of the facts as reviewed by someone other than Tucker at Faux News

https://techcrunch.com/2020/10/14/suspect-provenance-of-hunter-biden-data-cache-prompts-skepticism-and-social-media-bans/

Rougarou

The very idea that a laptop with a video of Hunter Biden smoking crack on it would be given to a random repair shop to recover is absurd. It is years since his drug use and Burisma dealings became a serious issue of international importance, and professionals would long since have taken custody of any relevant hardware or storage. It is beyond the worst operational security in the world to give an unencrypted device with confidential data on it to a third party. It is, however, very much a valid way for someone to make a device appear to be from a person or organization without providing any verification that it is so.

Opinion, not fact.  As a frequent shopper of goodwill, thrift stores and auctions, I know for a fact people leave unencrypted gear.  You'd be amazed at the amount of personal/private stuff that can be acquired via thrifty shopping.

The repair shop supposedly could not identify Hunter Biden, who lives in Los Angeles, as the customer. But the invoice (for $85 — remarkably cheap for diagnosis, recovery, and backup of three damaged Macs) has “Hunter Biden” written right on it, with a phone number and one of the email addresses he reportedly used. It seems unlikely that Hunter Biden’s personal laptop — again, loaded with personal and confidential information, and possibly communications with the VP — would be given to a small repair shop (rather than an Apple Store or vetted dealer) and that shop would be given his personal details for contact. Political operators with large supporting organizations simply don’t do that — though someone else could have.

Opinions.  Could not identify via "picture" or "video",....hmmm as much as I've seen him, if he walked up to me, I'd likely not recognize him as he's not someone that I'd take a "mental picture" of......so, the shop owner not being able to identify Hunter is possible.  So what if the name was all over the invoices, the name does not produce a picture/image.  

As to personal stuff unencrypted, quite possible as well.

Even if they did, the idea that Biden or his assistant or whoever would not return to pick up the laptop or pay for the services is extremely suspicious. Again, these are supposedly the personal devices of someone who communicated regularly with the VP, and whose work had come under intense scrutiny long before they were dropped off. They would not be treated lightly or forgotten. On the other hand, someone who wanted this data to be inspected would do exactly this.

Why not, hence the reason repair shops sell stuff all the time due to owners not picking their junk up.

That the laptops themselves were open and unencrypted is ridiculous. The serial number of the laptop suggests it was a 2017 MacBook Pro, probably running Mojave. Every Mac running Lion or later has easily enabled built-in encryption. It would be unusual for anyone to provide a laptop for repair that had no password or protection whatsoever on its files, let alone a person like Hunter Biden — again, years into efforts to uncover personal data relating to his work in Ukraine. An actor who wanted this data to be discovered and read would leave it unencrypted.

I'm in the security world, go to my house, pick up my laptop, I've disabled the encryption, this is not unheard of.

We had a LtCol that could not remember his passwords,......ever,.....so, we set his password for a particular system to "enter",......all he had to do was type in his name and press enter.  Not unheard of for un-encrypted machines that have sensitive data to be around,.....yes, even in 2020.

That this information would be inspected by the repair shop at all is very suspect indeed. Recovery of an ostensibly damaged Mac would likely take the form of cloning the drive and checking its integrity against the original. There is no reason the files or apps themselves would need to be looked at in the course of the work in the first place. Some shops have software that checks file hashes, if they can see them, against a database of known child sex abuse material. And there have been notable breaches of trust where repair staff illicitly accessed the contents of a laptop to get personal data. But there’s really no legitimate reason for this business to inspect the contents of the devices they are working on, let alone share that information with anyone, let alone a partisan operative. The owner, and avid Trump supporter, gave an interview this morning giving inconsistent information on what had happened and suggested he investigated the laptops of his own volition and retained copies for personal protection.

Why, if you leave junk at my repair shop and don't come get it, I'ma check it out.  While the work of recovering the data does not require the individual to actually look at the data, if you don't pick your junk up, it's mine to look at as I see fit.

The data itself is not convincing. The Post has published screenshots of emails instead of the full text with metadata — something you would want to do if you wanted to show they were authentic. For stories with potential political implications, it’s wise to verify.

Lastly, the fact that a copy was given to Giuliani and Bannon before being handed over to the FBI, and that it is all being published two weeks before the election, lends the whole thing a familiar stink — one you may remember from other pre-election shenanigans in 2016. The choice of the Post as the outlet for distribution is curious, as well; one need only to accidentally step on one in the subway to understand why.

Not unheard of to wipe metadata with tools like Metadata Assistant where the stoopid thing pops up everytime you want to do something 'cause it wants to do it's job of wiping.

This software, if had, would contradict a security conscious person due to unencrypted drive, but, some people do weird things.

On handing it to someone other than the FBI first, what obligation does the shop owner have to hand it to the FBI?  Maybe Giuliani suggested he turn it in to the FBI, I dunno.

Sounds like your author is opinion based on most stuff.  

Paul De

So we have many opinions, including the ones you pose.  At this point not one iota of connection exists that Joe Biden has been corrupted. Conjecture and innuendo from political hacks and muckrakers does not add up to verifiable fact.  Hunter is a character of questionable integrity for sure, and I still can't find him on the ballot.  On the other hand, if we shall indict the candidates for the shady behavior of family members, then where should we start with the Trump family. 

Should it be Eric's recent problems with criminality with financial documents

https://www.forbes.com/sites/elanagross/2020/09/23/judge-orders-eric-trump-to-comply-with-ny-subpoena-before-election/?sh=15f5afd630aa

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/05/politics/eric-trump-deposition-nyag/index.html

Well what about Don Jr who admits to the families dependence of Russian financing and the hoax connection to Russia, Russia, Russia

https://www.axios.com/donald-trump-jr-russia-moscow-mueller-investigation-236081c1-0bf2-42bf-92b5-ab0b031694b0.html

And lets not leave out Ivanka

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2020/09/22/ivankas-trademark-requests-were-fast-tracked-in-china-after-trump-was-elected/#66ccfaf01d60

https://newrepublic.com/article/159546/ivanka-trump-tax-evasion-foreign-corruption

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jan/09/trump-jr-ivanka-trump-condos-scheme-book

And then there is the full round up of the Trump family settling with NY State

https://ag.ny.gov/press-release/2019/donald-j-trump-pays-court-ordered-2-million-illegally-using-trump-foundation

Oh, almost forgot about Jared, the beloved son in law

https://apnews.com/article/0e3341cd594a49d696fd3f4e3a83ee11

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jun/15/jared-kushner-cadre-corruption-ethics-foreign-funding

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/02/qatar-666-5th-ave-jared-kushner

And we haven't even got to the Fred Trump and Charles Kushner yet...

Sorry for the gratuitous  link dump to make the point, but does the Trump family want to go toe to toe on family corruption chargers with the Biden family?  Really? And yet It does make sense if you realize the Hunter Biden story is simply the well worn Lee Atwater play by Trump supporters to accuse your opponent of your own candidates biggest weakness and then go forth and gaslight the voters. From my cheap seats it looks like a looser plan for Trump though as the internet makes it impossible to maintain a bogus message for long.  The Best part, Joe Biden didn't bite on this canard.

• Thanks 1

realshelby

What I like about the "laptop from Hell" is how Ted Cruz and Lindsey Graham became so offended when Twitter locked the NYP post about it. We can debate the media and how it "censors" elsewhere. 

BUT...this may in fact backfire in a big way for Ole Ted and Lindsey Two Face. There is just too much that stinks in the trail of this to stand by it. BTW, I figure this was approved to release at the highest level....'Cause ole Rudy tells Trump what is best. 

Rougarou
12 hours ago, Paul De said:

So we have many opinions, including the ones you pose.  At this point not one iota of connection exists that Joe Biden has been corrupted. Conjecture and innuendo from political hacks and muckrakers does not add up to verifiable fact.  Hunter is a character of questionable integrity for sure, and I still can't find him on the ballot.  On the other hand, if we shall indict the candidates for the shady behavior of family members, then where should we start with the Trump family. 

Should it be Eric's recent problems with criminality with financial documents

https://www.forbes.com/sites/elanagross/2020/09/23/judge-orders-eric-trump-to-comply-with-ny-subpoena-before-election/?sh=15f5afd630aa

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/05/politics/eric-trump-deposition-nyag/index.html

Well what about Don Jr who admits to the families dependence of Russian financing and the hoax connection to Russia, Russia, Russia

https://www.axios.com/donald-trump-jr-russia-moscow-mueller-investigation-236081c1-0bf2-42bf-92b5-ab0b031694b0.html

And lets not leave out Ivanka

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2020/09/22/ivankas-trademark-requests-were-fast-tracked-in-china-after-trump-was-elected/#66ccfaf01d60

https://newrepublic.com/article/159546/ivanka-trump-tax-evasion-foreign-corruption

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jan/09/trump-jr-ivanka-trump-condos-scheme-book

And then there is the full round up of the Trump family settling with NY State

https://ag.ny.gov/press-release/2019/donald-j-trump-pays-court-ordered-2-million-illegally-using-trump-foundation

Oh, almost forgot about Jared, the beloved son in law

https://apnews.com/article/0e3341cd594a49d696fd3f4e3a83ee11

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jun/15/jared-kushner-cadre-corruption-ethics-foreign-funding

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/02/qatar-666-5th-ave-jared-kushner

And we haven't even got to the Fred Trump and Charles Kushner yet...

Sorry for the gratuitous  link dump to make the point, but does the Trump family want to go toe to toe on family corruption chargers with the Biden family?  Really? And yet It does make sense if you realize the Hunter Biden story is simply the well worn Lee Atwater play by Trump supporters to accuse your opponent of your own candidates biggest weakness and then go forth and gaslight the voters. From my cheap seats it looks like a looser plan for Trump though as the internet makes it impossible to maintain a bogus message for long.  The Best part, Joe Biden didn't bite on this canard.

of course Hunter isn’t on the ballot

neither were any of Trumps family yet it didn’t stop any media group from digging into them in 2016 before they were actually designated as gov workers

Paul De
1 hour ago, Rougarou said:

of course Hunter isn’t on the ballot

neither were any of Trumps family yet it didn’t stop any media group from digging into them in 2016 before they were actually designated as gov workers

Yes indeed Ivanka, and Jared as federal employees should be investigated and held to account.  On our time and dime, both had shady behavior and dealings as Federal employees in the Trump administration, If not able to be criminally prosecuted, at least healthy oversight by congress is needed.    Don Jr, and Eric are surrogates on the trail for YMCA dancing Don, while Hunter isn't even a surrogate in Joe's campaign, but like any other American at some point if their business dealings become tangible acts of corruption and crimes were committed, then State and Federal AG's will deal with that.  I think the two brothers of another mother have more to worry about on that front than Hunter does.   Putting all the smoke screen stuff aside we are  left with the question on voting for Donald Trump, or Joe Biden, both are known quantities and if we are to vote on these two people based solely on their qualifications, and character (remember when character mattered to Republicans), I am good with that comparison as IMO the current president looses on both counts.

Paul De

Go YMCA Dancing Don Go - It's just like the Studio 54 days!

TEWKS

• Thanks 1

TEWKS

Or

realshelby

Those attending the Trump rally and helping that woman......

Reminds me of the Churches in southern West Virginia that handle rattlesnakes. They have the faith that God will protect them. I wonder does Trump tell the crowd "I will protect you from Covid if you vote for me"!

TEWKS

Reminds me of the caring American spirit that always rises to the surface when someone is in need. :dontknow:

• Like 1

TEWKS

Joe just shows us the nasty side of cognitive decline.