IGNORED

Castrol 5w40 20 percent off

MikeB60

That's a very nice price with the coupon and if you are prime free delivery.  I almost bought some more then talked myself out of it when I checked and I have 18 bottles in the garage.  Thanks for pointing out good sale.

Read carefully, this only applies if you subscribe to having this delivered on a regular basis, so how much oil do you use in a year? 

13 hours ago, 041100S said:

Read carefully, this only applies if you subscribe to having this delivered on a regular basis, so how much oil do you use in a year? 

Don't believe this is a subscription coupon.  I just bought 2 six packs and no subscription required.   Have used these before as well. 

Here are the details 

How to Clip & Redeem the Coupon:
Tap or click on the button or select the checkbox to clip the coupon and:

1. If you’re on the Coupons home page, tap on “View Item” which will take you to the Coupon landing page (if multiple items are associated with the coupon) or the product detail page (if only one item is associated with the coupon). From either place, you can then “Add to Cart” or you can “Subscribe” if it’s part of Subscribe & Save.
  2. For a subscription coupon, select "Subscribe & Save" and set delivery quantity and frequency. Your coupon discount will apply to your first order only.
  3. Coupon discounts are automatically applied at purchase to orders made through virtual Dash Buttons. You do not need to clip and redeem a coupon to receive the coupon savings.

Terms and Conditions:

• Coupons are valid for a limited time only. Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel coupons at any time.
  • You must purchase the qualifying items added to your Cart when the coupon is in effect for the discount to apply.
  • If you later modify or cancel the subscription or delivery date for the qualifying item, the discount will not apply.
  • The coupon applies only to qualifying items displaying the coupon offer.
  • The coupon may only be used on www.amazon.com for purchase of products shipped and sold by Amazon.com.
  • The promotion is limited to one coupon per customer.
  • Promotion may not be combinable with mail-in rebates.
  • If you return any of the items purchased with a coupon, the coupon discount or value may be subtracted from the return credit.
  • Applicable shipping and handling charges apply to all products.
  • Add-on Items require a minimum purchase. See amazon.com/addon for details.
  • Offer good while supplies last.
  • Void where prohibited.
  • Consumer is required to pay any applicable sales tax related to the use of the coupon.
3 hours ago, 041100S said:

RTinNC, so how much did you pay for the two cases?

I paid $43.25 shipped I believe for each 6-pack case

92A76271-34BD-45D5-9CC4-65D996DED3B7.jpeg

Edited by RTinNC
On 8/9/2020 at 4:36 PM, Rougarou said:

Here's a gallon of Shell T6 for $18.88 or $16.05 if you "subscribe and save" and click the coupon

Yep ... a good deal.  I've always been a Castrol guy and the Castrol meets the exact spec BMW recommends.  It looks like the Rotella has a different JASO spec.  But honestly even if it had the JASO MA2 spec I would still opt for Castrol 

13 hours ago, RTinNC said:

Yep ... a good deal.  I've always been a Castrol guy and the Castrol meets the exact spec BMW recommends.  It looks like the Rotella has a different JASO spec.  But honestly even if it had the JASO MA2 spec I would still opt for Castrol 

Both Rotella and Castro have MA2 rating but Rotella lacks the API rating specified by BMW although it did previously.

42 minutes ago, Dave_in_TX said:

Both Rotella and Castro have MA2 rating but Rotella lacks the API rating specified by BMW although it did previously.

Doesn't this mean "or" not "and", API SL / JASO MA2  either way, I've been running T6 for well over 150k in all my bikes.  And since Rotella is a diesel oil, its not going to have the SL rating, but does have the most current diesel rating.

6 hours ago, Rougarou said:

Doesn't this mean "or" not "and", API SL / JASO MA2  either way, I've been running T6 for well over 150k in all my bikes.  And since Rotella is a diesel oil, its not going to have the SL rating, but does have the most current diesel rating.

The previous version of Rotella had API SL in addition to diesel rating. My user manual specs an oil that meets both MA2 and SL. You may have been running Rotella for 150k but you're not using the same oil formulation you were previously.