IGNORED

05 RT, best seat option for a tall rider

Pbgunrunner

Pbgunrunner

Hello all! I just bought my first BMW,  an 05 RT that was literally ridden by a 60y old lady, and not much at that as it only has 18k miles! It has a beautiful Corbin heated seat (the one piece style) with a nice backrest. Unfortunately for me its the low model and I'm 6'5"! SO....looking for some advice here. What's the best "tall" seat option? How does the factory "comfort" seat compare to the stock height? What should I ask for the like new short seat when I sell it Any? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

20200805_195236.jpg

I had the same bike. Looking at the picture, right now your seat is in the "Low" position anyway. Set it to High position and see how you go.

By the way, I am 6'2" and the factory seat in high position was perfect for me. And I do have long legs.

The factory low suspension uses shorter shocks to lower the bike. The only cure for the low ride height is to install standard length shocks. It will ride and handle much better with standard height shocks, not to mention improving the cornering clearance! 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I was very happy with the Kontour seat I had on my 07.

I'm 6'1'' and had no issues doing 1000 mi days on it.

Unfortunately it doesn't fit my new R1250RT and is for sale

I really like the polar mesh on it.

I know a lot of people like the RDL but this one works for me and I'll get another one made for my R1250Rt when the riding season is over.

YMMV

PM me if you're interested

Kontour 5.jpg