Pablocruise

1250 RT seat upgrade

Pablocruise

I recently bought a 2019 1250 RT.  Just got back from a 4,000 mile trip from Houston to Yellowstone and about.  My rump (bum) is killing me.   Is there a better after market seat option??????

041100S

Look at Sargent Cycle, https://www.sargentcycle.com/. They have a lot of options for their seats. I currently have their seats on my 04 R1100S and 16 R1200RS and I am very pleased. Maybe not as cushy as some others but very supportive and good for all day riding.

Mike

The Russell Day-Long I have works amazingly well.

B923D7F5-B2D0-44BB-B7AF-C38E6A3C9B09_1_105_c.jpeg

Carlisja

The problem is that I can only recommend a Sargent Seat if you are me.  I went through the very expensive testing of different seats until I landed on the Sargent.   Your results may vary.

The best advice is to get a Beadrider.   https://www.beadrider.com/  If you can get over the look,  you will be amazed.   Getting extra air and constantly changing pressure points make 24 hour rides comfortable.  

Dave_in_TX
On 8/7/2020 at 3:32 AM, Carlisja said:

The problem is that I can only recommend a Sargent Seat if you are me.  I went through the very expensive testing of different seats until I landed on the Sargent.   Your results may vary.

The best advice is to get a Beadrider.   https://www.beadrider.com/  If you can get over the look,  you will be amazed.   Getting extra air and constantly changing pressure points make 24 hour rides comfortable.  

My personal experience with a bead rider is that it simply makes an uncomfortable seat more uncomfortable.

Carlisja
9 minutes ago, Dave_in_TX said:

My personal experience with a bead rider is that it simply makes an uncomfortable seat more uncomfortable.

that is the crux of the problem with “what saddle is best” questions.  What works for one person does not necessarily work for another.   That said, buying a new saddle for $500 only to discover it does not match your bum or buying an  Airhawk (makes me feel disconnected from the bike) or a Beadrider for 1/10th the price seems like a worthwhile experiment.   If it does not work out, knock 30% of the as new price and sell it.   You are only out $15 for the knowledge gained.   On the other hand,, discounting a used saddle for resale will cost you $100 or more, plus they are more costly to ship.  

Dave_in_TX
12 hours ago, Carlisja said:

that is the crux of the problem with “what saddle is best” questions.  What works for one person does not necessarily work for another.   That said, buying a new saddle for $500 only to discover it does not match your bum or buying an  Airhawk (makes me feel disconnected from the bike) or a Beadrider for 1/10th the price seems like a worthwhile experiment.   If it does not work out, knock 30% of the as new price and sell it.   You are only out $15 for the knowledge gained.   On the other hand,, discounting a used saddle for resale will cost you $100 or more, plus they are more costly to ship.  

Airhawk has a 30 day return policy so you can return it if it doesn't work out.