IGNORED

1250 RT seat upgrade

Pablocruise

Pablocruise

I recently bought a 2019 1250 RT.  Just got back from a 4,000 mile trip from Houston to Yellowstone and about.  My rump (bum) is killing me.   Is there a better after market seat option??????

Look at Sargent Cycle, https://www.sargentcycle.com/. They have a lot of options for their seats. I currently have their seats on my 04 R1100S and 16 R1200RS and I am very pleased. Maybe not as cushy as some others but very supportive and good for all day riding.

The problem is that I can only recommend a Sargent Seat if you are me.  I went through the very expensive testing of different seats until I landed on the Sargent.   Your results may vary.

The best advice is to get a Beadrider.   https://www.beadrider.com/  If you can get over the look,  you will be amazed.   Getting extra air and constantly changing pressure points make 24 hour rides comfortable.  

• 2 months later...
On 8/7/2020 at 3:32 AM, Carlisja said:

The problem is that I can only recommend a Sargent Seat if you are me.  I went through the very expensive testing of different seats until I landed on the Sargent.   Your results may vary.

The best advice is to get a Beadrider.   https://www.beadrider.com/  If you can get over the look,  you will be amazed.   Getting extra air and constantly changing pressure points make 24 hour rides comfortable.  

My personal experience with a bead rider is that it simply makes an uncomfortable seat more uncomfortable.

9 minutes ago, Dave_in_TX said:

My personal experience with a bead rider is that it simply makes an uncomfortable seat more uncomfortable.

that is the crux of the problem with “what saddle is best” questions.  What works for one person does not necessarily work for another.   That said, buying a new saddle for $500 only to discover it does not match your bum or buying an  Airhawk (makes me feel disconnected from the bike) or a Beadrider for 1/10th the price seems like a worthwhile experiment.   If it does not work out, knock 30% of the as new price and sell it.   You are only out $15 for the knowledge gained.   On the other hand,, discounting a used saddle for resale will cost you $100 or more, plus they are more costly to ship.  

12 hours ago, Carlisja said:

that is the crux of the problem with “what saddle is best” questions.  What works for one person does not necessarily work for another.   That said, buying a new saddle for $500 only to discover it does not match your bum or buying an  Airhawk (makes me feel disconnected from the bike) or a Beadrider for 1/10th the price seems like a worthwhile experiment.   If it does not work out, knock 30% of the as new price and sell it.   You are only out $15 for the knowledge gained.   On the other hand,, discounting a used saddle for resale will cost you $100 or more, plus they are more costly to ship.  

Airhawk has a 30 day return policy so you can return it if it doesn't work out.

• 4 months later...

Airhawk or Wild Ass air cushions will both save a boatload of money over Russell or Sargent seats.  I used an Airhawk for six years, and replaced it with a Wild Ass.

Russell Day Long wouldn't build me a saddle due to my 30" inseam so I went with Sargent.  I can ride all day vs. the 45 minutes in the BMW saddle before needing a break.  Sargent has a 30 day return policy too.  Another detractor of the RDL option is that you have to send them your saddle so they can use the base.  That equates to some bike down time.  Before I received my Sargent I used an Airhawk.  The comfort was great but I, like Carlisja, felt a bit disconnected.