IGNORED

Scratches on Tank

Retired At LAst

Retired At LAst

My belt buckle has made several scratches on the tank of my RT-P.

Anybody recommend a cover up like a carbon fiber tank cover.

Is there a cover made for this model?

Thanks

ShovelStrokeEd

There are all sorts of covers you can use. Nothing model specific. Go to any bike dealer, doesn't have to be BMW unless you fancy a logo of some sort in there. Look around in the farkles section and there will be more than a few hanging on the wall or in a showcase. Since my belt buckle is the part of me that arrives in a doorway first blush.gif, this problem shows up on all my bikes.

There are all sorts of covers you can use. Nothing model specific. Go to any bike dealer, doesn't have to be BMW unless you fancy a logo of some sort in there. Look around in the farkles section and there will be more than a few hanging on the wall or in a showcase. Since my belt buckle is the part of me that arrives in a doorway first blush.gif, this problem shows up on all my bikes.

Ed

Would these same products work to stop my BMW tank pad from marking my tank any more?

Thanks

ShovelStrokeEd

3M makes a nice, clear film that you could cut to shape and place over the top of the tank. The biggest factor here is keeping that darn foam clean. Stuff seems to blow up under every tank bag I ever had and sooner or later scrathes just happen.

The good news is that it is not likely the scratches have pentrated the clear coat. Any good detailer should be able to buff them out for a couple of bucks.

Archived