Sign in to follow this  
BendBill

The choice for never-Trump Republicans

BendBill

This last May in Weaverville, several of us around the Red Hill communal table [ you know who you are ] discovered a common bond: we were lifelong Republicans who dislike Trump and trumpism.  Thoroughly.  

We discussed voting Democrat for the 1st time in our lives.  I've heard there are not many anti-Trump Republicans, but recently I've read a number of conservative writers who are locked in a debate that prompts a dilemma for us, whether our numbers are small or not-so-small-and-growing.

The choice:

Toss out the clown but retain the GOP senate as a counterbalance against Dem control of the presidency and the House 

OR 

Burn it all down: vote all Dem to teach the trumpian enablers a lesson--and to rebuild/restore the GOP

So to my fellow disgusted Republicans, which way do you go?

mickeym3

As tempting as the second option is I’m hesitant, if SCOTUS gets tilted left as well then sanity may never be restored.  Why not create a poll?  It would be interesting. 

Hosstage

That is a tough decision. I agree with your assessment of the situation, I wish I had an answer.

A strong third party candidate may have been an option, but it is a little late now.

Hell, what's four more years of this clown show? The last four went pretty quick. I can't really vote democratic, I just don't align with their ideals as much as I do Republican, but they are not doing well either.

Four more years! At least it will be entertaining. And it will really show who the true republican leaders are. (Not many right now.)

• Sad 1

Marty Hill

Yes, keep him in office.  Next, learn to speak Russian.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

eddd
6 hours ago, Hosstage said:

...Hell, what's four more years of this clown show? The last four went pretty quick. 

Four more years! At least it will be entertaining. 

You are absolutely correct in identifying Trump's term in office as a clown show.  It even has a supporting cast of trained seals who go along with most everything the buffoon says. 

It has been anything by quick for many people, and the vast majority don't want the president to be their source of entertainment.  

The current crop of Republicans in the house and senate are an embarrassment to themselves and the country.  We need a whole slate of Romney-style Republicans who are willing to stand up to the tweeting twit and get on with the county's business.   

• Like 7

Paul De

SCOTUS is safely to the right now and for years to come.  Honestly, I really would not like to see a Trump appoint again as he is tending to pick ideologues on the extreme end of the conservative spectrum...IMO there are plenty on the court already.  So, SCOTUS isn't a worry for me if Biden wins. Biden would surely have a pick replacing Ginsburg thus leaving the court unaltered from its current  balance.  As to how much damage can Trump do in the next 4 years, it could be plenty and too risky for me to be entertained.  We haven't fully appreciated the damage already done internationally and domestically getting more of the same seems so counter productive to the challenges we face.  I'll take a moderate Democrat caretaker presidency and then game on in 2024 as Biden will not run for a second term.  Returning Trump for a second term would still burn down the Republican party, but would be worse than burning it down in 2020 because the residual of his second 4 years might put the Republican party in the same category as the Whigs...Extinct!

• Like 2

Selden

I assume all in this conversation are familiar with the Lincoln Project videos. For me these were the two most effective:

• Like 1

roadscholar

Selden

The CFG video is a pretty lame response.

roadscholar

Of course you'd say that, it exposes them for the frauds they are, disgruntled losers with the side-scheme of lining their own pockets. By ripping off the name of a great man they're hoping to dupe the gullible into believing they're someone they're not.  

The Lincoln Project reported spending nearly $1.4 million through March. Almost all of that money went to the group’s board members and firms run by them. The super PAC spent nearly $1 million with Summit Strategic Communications, a firm run by Lincoln Project treasurer Reed Galen. Another $215,000 went to Tusk Digital, a company run by Lincoln Project adviser Ron Steslow. Both companies received little business from other federal committees since Trump’s inauguration.

Higgins also detailed examples of Lincoln Project members using offensive and bigoted language on Twitter — for example, founder Rick Wilson repeatedly calling people “retards,” attacking Muslims, and mocking news coverage of Trayvon Martin’s killing in 2012.

This week, Ben Howe, a video editor who worked with the Lincoln Project, was pushed out after the news outlet the 19th emailed the Lincoln Project evidence of tweets in which Howe had called people “vaginas” and “twats.” He also had defended in graphic language the 2014 police shooting of unarmed teenager Michael Brown, saying he would have shot Brown as well. Alex Griswold, formerly a writer at the Washington Free Beacon, argued that Howe had used no less incendiary language on Twitter than Wilson had.

But by going after conservative members of Congress, the Lincoln Project may lose Trump-skeptical Republicans. By its very nature, the group has already lost the support of Trump’s most vociferous critics on the left; it appeals most to moderates who hate Trump and are active on Twitter. In some ways, the Lincoln Project is aimed at itself.

Red

Seems to me if the Lincoln project people are genuine conservatives they'd spend more time and $ trying to run a viable third party candidate rather than accept the democrat antithesis to conservatism, Biden.

Marty Hill

Sad to see this moronic shit on what used to be a moto site.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Patallaire

Well if California offers any insight as to what the Democratic party leans toward, now they are passing the income tax increase to 16.8% it should be self evident.  Now if I add the Federal income tax rate and consider that Biden has already promised to raise income tax rates, then I add the Social Security contribution of 15.2% if you are self employed or 7.6% if you are an employee, add the after tax sales tax on purchases, and the after tax rate on real estate, from a pure economic perspective voting anything but the Republican line seems like an exercise in self mutilation. Affording to live in California an exercise in insanity.  Removing his bluster from his accomplishments makes the decision fairly simple, and recognizing the liberal influence from the "Radical Left'" on  who is running against Trump makes it even simpler.  Viewing it through the prism of community safety and watching the outcomes in Democartic led cities creates little reason to pause on the decision since de-funding police is not an option and allowing takeovers of whole sections of a city and explosive gun violence  as well as looting and anarchy appears to be a foolish option.  If we add to that the choices of free education, housing subsides, reparation, free medical, and increased benefits, how can we afford to not support the devil we know.  We watched in awe as the fictitious charges collapsed, and now as more evidence comes forth the deliberate plot to unseat him before he got started is abhorrent .  It is amazing he had any success.  No, I think the mission should be to "Drain the Swamp" by removing the members of the House. Give him a clean slate to create a Better America. Give him the opportunity to lead without obstacles every day.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

eddd

Still waiting...

Marty Hill

That moron has no plan.  I almost feel sorry for the....................................

Rougarou
3 hours ago, Marty Hill said:

image.png.6811c6a1132fe9299a13fa2f7ce3d00e.png

Click and you shall never see, but, from the history of your visits you "want" to see so you can be involved,.......just saying.

This is a "moto" site, all you have to do is choose to stay to the forums "above" this one.

It's a freedom of choice thing, do what you choose to do but don't complain about the choice you make.

• Like 2

roadscholar
15 hours ago, Marty Hill said:

Reality can be a harsh mistress (a bitch : ) especially if you're only watching the fake channels like CNN. Maybe some of you guys can contribute to their cause (The Lincoln Project), it might help defray some legal expenses and keep the IRS from seizing a couple of their homes. As far as the description of the post I'll let it slide although tempting, the irony is rich.

12 hours ago, Rougarou said:

image.png.6811c6a1132fe9299a13fa2f7ce3d00e.png

Click and you shall never see, but, from the history of your visits you "want" to see so you can be involved,.......just saying.

This is a "moto" site, all you have to do is choose to stay to the forums "above" this one.

It's a freedom of choice thing, do what you choose to do but don't complain about the choice you make.

It ain't the first time and likely won't be the last : )

Patallaire

Yes, keep him in office.  Next, learn to speak Russian.  "  Marty, if we elect Biden do we need to learn gibberish? Do we hide out in our basements?  Do we allow our cities to be destroyed by radical leftists, our taxes to climb to insane levels, our government to climb in size and suppress your freedoms? I am not sure I understand your logic!  Your passion I get, but this is a time for logic. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

realshelby

Fake News. The statement that has defined Trump. 

Brainwashing at its best. No media outlet is always completely true or completely false. But the traction Fake News has gotten is a very hand smokescreen.

This thread has gotten sidetracked from the start. Legitimate concerns for Conservatives that want ......a Conservative in office. 

Hosstage
On 8/2/2020 at 1:51 PM, eddd said:

For those republicans that can't stand Trump, it's a little late now. The Republican leaders in office did nothing but kiss his ass or do nothing at all. They were afraid to say the emperor has no clothes.

• Like 2

Selden
1 hour ago, Patallaire said:

Yes, keep him in office.  Next, learn to speak Russian.  "  Marty, if we elect Biden do we need to learn gibberish? Do we hide out in our basements?  Do we allow our cities to be destroyed by radical leftists, our taxes to climb to insane levels, our government to climb in size and suppress your freedoms? I am not sure I understand your logic!  Your passion I get, but this is a time for logic. 

It takes a lot of chutzpah to talk about gibberish without mentioning the ignoramus in chief, who is incapable of putting together a coherent sentence without a teleprompter in front of him, and even then it's a challenge. 

• Like 1

TEDZ

Switch to Niki Haley as the running mate.  If he wins then gets impeached, the first female Prez will be a Republican.  I'd like to see her debate whoever they choose for Biden's running mate.  

• Like 2

Selden

If you want to see a truly stunning display of ignorance and incoherence, read the raw transcript of the meeting between the president and pharmaceutical industry executives on March 2, 2020. It covers a meeting that lasted nearly an hour, so if you want to cut to the chase, the 20:07 mark is a good starting point.

https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts/transcript-trump-holds-coronavirus-meeting-with-pharmaceutical-executives

Or, jump to this gem :

President Trump: (43:32)
I don’t think you’ll need that because I really think we’re in extremely good shape. We’re prepared for anything and we could always do that at a later date if we need it. But I don’t think we need that at this stage. Interestingly, we were discussing it. A question I get asked a lot by people is on average you lose from 26,000 to 70,000 or so and even some cases more from the flu. We have deaths of that per year, worldwide it’s hundreds of thousands of deaths from the common flu. They ask what’s the difference and how does this differ?

President Trump: (44:05)
I guess there are things that are similar and things that are different. Every one of them is different. It might not be a bad question to ask because I get that all the time. So far we have six here. You have in other countries, I mean China obviously got hit the hardest. I noticed that South Korea is hit very hard. Italy is being hit very hard. But I would like to maybe now, because I am often times asked. We average, I suspect, Tony, I think you said from around 26, 27,000 up to 60 or 70,000 deaths per year. That’s a lot of deaths. Here we’re talking about a much smaller range. Now, hopefully it stays at a much smaller range. Again, we’re prepared for anything. Could I ask you, or any of you, if you’d like to answer that question? What would the public think when you have so many? That’s taken routinely, and I was shocked to hear this. Three, four weeks ago I said, “Well, how many people die a year from the flu?” Of this country, I think last year was 36 or 37,000 people. I’m saying, “Wow, nobody knew that information worldwide.” You just multiply it out times the world, right? So, what is the difference then?

• Thanks 1

TEWKS

:5146: Hmm, this is going to be a really tough choice. No, no it’s not, that was a joke too. :4323:

TEWKS

Heck even firefighters make mistakes every now and again. :D Look at this picture closely though, that’s not the same Joe you’re seeing today.

image.thumb.jpeg.98079aa00388649379875656b0bcae15.jpeg

Picking a President via the (selected) Vice President (if that makes sense) is something that should concern everyone. It’s bizarre that people would be ok with this blatant deception!

roadscholar

Trump derangement syndrome Pat, they’ll take anything they can get. Yeah it’s that bad.

• Like 1

BendBill

All the Trumpers I've talked with are as clueless as I'd expect about the many conservative websites and writers advocating for Biden.    Instead they swallow Fox, NY Post, Wa Times, Breitbart, or Newsmax.  

My original question was whether anti-Trump conservatives on this board were ALSO going to work for a Dem Senate in addition to throwing out Bozo in order to rid the GOP of Trumpistas and other Reagan-haters. 

It's about evenly split as I see it with Charlie Sykes, the Bulwark, George Will,  and William Kristol advocating burn it all down  vs.  David French, Ramesh Ponnuru, Jonah Goldberg , some writers at Reason and one or two NR staff who want Trump gone but are OK with keeping the GOP senate, spineless though they be.   Soon we'll hear from 43 Alumni, as well as former intelligence people from GOP administrations, not to mention GOP moderates like Kasich and Romney.  Wouldn't surprise me if we heard more from former WH staff.  I'd like to hear more "bone spurs"  digs  from Gen. Mattis, or Gen. Kelley's reminders of T's sloppy memory, or Tillerson's succinct evaluation of Trump's low mental acuity.

If you *think* you're conservative but don't know these people or orgs,  we now return you to your regular cable shout-shows and news bunnies.

ps-  following Selden's lead, here is my fave Lincoln Project ad by the navy seal--sent to me by my USMC buddy and former LAPD partner who thinks even less of Trump than I do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nytBEWbwOkw

Rougarou
4 hours ago, BendBill said:

ps-  following Selden's lead, here is my fave Lincoln Project ad by the navy seal--sent to me by my USMC buddy and former LAPD partner who thinks even less of Trump than I do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nytBEWbwOkw

Please, stop with the propaganda of Russian bounty's.  Dan Barrhuff wants to stomp the shit out of Russians over unconfirmed intelligence,...hmmmmm,.....sounds like a "knee jerker" to me, meanwhile, my former battalion commander, now a Major General in charge of CentCom, is not convinced it is so

lawnchairboy
12 hours ago, Patallaire said:

at least we could buy more shotguns....

We will see what happens.  Judiciary is most important thing to me, right up there with deficit/debt management, which every politician since Bush Jr. has royally F*(&&! up.  

TEWKS
4 hours ago, BendBill said:

All the Trumpers I've talked with are as clueless as I'd expect about the many conservative websites and writers advocating for Biden.    Instead they swallow Fox, NY Post, Wa Times, Breitbart, or Newsmax.  

Any outlet trying to sell you on Biden and doing it while not throwing up in their mouths is dishonest and are just part of the take down Trump at all costs, 244 years of history be damned! :old: 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

realshelby

Wow! I am seeing more Extremism here than the Impeachment thread! I also see that when watching news about middle East countries. Think about that. 

Time to think for yourself. Not be pulled around by a nose ring on a rope attached to your favorite party. 

TEWKS

I’m not sure it’s all that extreme when you look at the poor shell of a man they’re pushing. The guy doesn’t know where he is half the time. The VP to POTUS road their traveling on stinks to high heaven to me. :dontknow:

realshelby

I wasn't talking about a certain party. But that one naturally assumes that points right to the root of the issue. 

Trump had his day. He could have chosen to lead this country. Don't forget all those posts about Trump's guaranteed re-election in the Impeachment Thread. 

We now see Trump for what he has been all along. Not just those that have opposed Trump from the start, but those loyal to him at first. Even when they were once afraid of pushing back against him are now speaking out. While we can try to discredit Biden for misspeaking, few want to point to all of Trump's mistakes or lies about facts that point to a possibility of mental issues far more dangerous than Biden forgetting words. 

The Right tried everything to pin something on O'Bama. They still cannot accept a Black President. Now the talk of a Black VP is cause for alarm! Why should that be? We need to unite this Country and begin fixing the division Trump has expanded. If a qualified candidate for VP is Black, so much the better to unite this country. This country is no longer a White Man Rules country. That is hard to swallow for some. 

Leaders don't come up with all the ideas. They listen to those around them. They build a team around them that provides trusted input. Biden seems to be one that would make use of that to run the country. This is where Trump has failed miserably. No one has seen the exit of so many during a Presidents tenure. Proof of how weak Trump is at leading this great country. 

• Like 1

TEWKS
26 minutes ago, realshelby said:

We need to unite this Country and begin fixing the division Trump has expanded. If a qualified candidate for VP is Black, so much the better to unite this country. This country is no longer a White Man Rules country. That is hard to swallow for some

Seems you’ve said this before. Is there anywhere in these political discussions you can point out that a Trump supporter was displaying opposition to a black VP or a black President for that matter?

Rougarou
13 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Seems you’ve said this before. Is there anywhere in these political discussions you can point out that a Trump supporter was displaying opposition to a black VP or a black President for that matter?

Until the media reports to discredit Herman Cain, that guy had my vote,......notice "after" Herman Cain dropped out due to allegations,......nothing, nada, concerning allegations,......hmmmm.

Allen West would have my vote over Trump if he jumped in right now.

• Like 1

TEWKS

I liked Herman, RIP. :(

realshelby
1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

Well, when you tweet videos of white guys promoting "White Power" from a golf cart that says a lot. That the current protests to give Black people the same rights, treatment, and opportunities as whites are met by sending in Federal Troops to silence them.....I think that is a good start on saying Trump is racist and too much of the Republican party is ok with that. 

Again, I cannot condone the violence in these protests. But there IS a reason they are ongoing. A good leader could have met this with an attitude that "I will listen, but first the violence MUST stop". 

• Like 1

Patallaire
1 hour ago, realshelby said:

Biden seems to be one that would make use of that to run the country

Really, do you think he will know where he is? Will he govern from the White house basement?  Do you think that all the ideology he will spout will come from the radical left as they influence his I am in the basement and can't debate brain? Look at what the Dems want to do in California and what they are doing across the country for a free preview of what will come. Financially we can't afford them, no can we afford open borders.. 

Rougarou
5 minutes ago, realshelby said:

Well, when you tweet videos of white guys promoting "White Power" from a golf cart that says a lot. That the current protests to give Black people the same rights, treatment, and opportunities as whites are met by sending in Federal Troops to silence them.....I think that is a good start on saying Trump is racist and too much of the Republican party is ok with that. 

Again, I cannot condone the violence in these protests. But there IS a reason they are ongoing. A good leader could have met this with an attitude that "I will listen, but first the violence MUST stop". 

Sooooo, the president is to just "allow" the "local management" to turn a blind eye on "peaceful protest", and by "peaceful protest", I mean the violence that has/is happening that the "local management" is doing nothing about except to say that these "protestors" are exercising their "1st Amendment" rights to destroy property.  "Local management" has the authority to use "local troops" to aid them, the National Guard is at the governors whelm and mayors can call upon the governor to use,..........

I just want to make sure I understand that the federal government "should not" protect the American people and property.  I mean that whole "provide for the common defense" thing must be meaningless.

Hmph, methinks that he has been calling for the violence to stop "prior" to sending in federal personnel,......but "local management" was doing nothing to curb the violence, soooooo, that kinda narrows things down a bit.......to the point of continue to let the violence happen or send in additionals to protect federal property.

Patallaire
6 minutes ago, realshelby said:

Well, when you tweet videos of white guys promoting "White Power" from a golf cart that says a lot. That the current protests to give Black people the same rights, treatment, and opportunities as whites

Seriously, you must be too young to remember MLK and his peaceful protests as well as the progress he brought to this country.  Blacks can play golf and ride in golf carts, they have those same opportunities, I know as I serve on a board to promote inner city children to play golf. The Federal Troops were sent in because the local government was allowing destruction of Federal Property and doing nothing to quell it.  Did you prefer the destruction? It certainly did not help anything, or images when you witnessed people walking out of stores with TV sets, Beer, and whatever else they could carry, do you disagree?  Perhaps under a liberal perspective that might be considered evening out the playing field, they didn't have that stuff, so taking it from a small business owner or corporation is acceptable behavior, it made them equals, then to top it off, lets burn the buildings and drive the businesses out of the community, is that the logic you support for not bringing in a strong presence to quell the outrageous behavior.  Did you lose a business or a lifetime of investment?  

Hosstage

I've often wondered why, or if, a sitting president is so bad that he has not been endorsed by his own party for re-election? 

realshelby

I seem to have riled up the Right again. No where did I say I condoned violence. I will leave it at that. 

Wow! Blacks are allowed to play golf and ride in the golf carts!!!  If that is the end result of racial equity there is something bad wrong. That is EXACTLY why the protests are going on at this moment! The whole point is being MISSED by that attitude. Blacks are protesting because they are afraid the Police are going to shoot them. Arrest them when they are not doing anything wrong. They are simply not treated equally by Police, Government, and society as things are now. 

• Like 1

TEWKS
18 minutes ago, realshelby said:

The whole point is being MISSED by that attitude. Blacks are protesting because they are afraid the Police are going to shoot them. Arrest them when they are not doing anything wrong. They are simply not treated equally by Police

Here is some pretty good advice for anyone, no matter what your skin color. I don’t remember If it was taught in drivers ed, but it should be. The consent thing, we’ll that’s a touchy one. If there’s nothing to hide, go ahead but, I can understand the indignity involved.

BendBill

Back to the original topic, which I knew would be a pachinko ball of irrelevant associations and stock responses.  Today's online NR of Aug 4 has a piece outlining a few players in the current debate among some conservative writers https://www.nationalreview.com/the-tuesday/the-burning-times/

And now, some pinball of my own: two responses to interesting points in the thread:

1--Rougarou's article by the CentCom expert, while well written, was unconvincing.  Erlich brings up lack of proof in tracing payments and lack of "causative links" .  Intelligence works on probabilities, not proofs.  It's a maddening process but built into the shadowy world of the field.  And his point about internecine turf battles in the intelligence community is meaningless: there are always such battles going on.

2--Rougarou's and Tewk's admiration of Herman Cain:  Cain settled several claims of sexual harassment in the past.  While he wasn't a wholesale dipshit like Roy Moore of Alabama, he was likely dirty enough. And unfortunately Cain lacked  knowledgeable about science and Covid.  He appeared at Trump's Tulsa rally maskless and steadfastly refused to wear a mask at all.  In large part, he consented to his own death.

• Like 1

Rougarou
19 minutes ago, BendBill said:

Back to the original topic, which I knew would be a pachinko ball of irrelevant associations and stock responses.  Today's online NR of Aug 4 has a piece outlining a few players in the current debate among some conservative writers https://www.nationalreview.com/the-tuesday/the-burning-times/

And now, some pinball of my own: two responses to interesting points in the thread:

1--Rougarou's article by the CentCom expert, while well written, was unconvincing.  Erlich brings up lack of proof in tracing payments and lack of "causative links" .  Intelligence works on probabilities, not proofs.  It's a maddening process but built into the shadowy world of the field.  And his point about internecine turf battles in the intelligence community is meaningless: there are always such battles going on.

Ya, seems the Major General must be inexperienced in his assessment of the issue.  I guess outside news agencies have much more intel than he has access to so that they can come to a solid conclusion on it all.

Intel works on both probabilities and proofs.....but with the probabilities, there needs to be little doubt as to the action that did, would or will happen.

2--Rougarou's and Tewk's admiration of Herman Cain:  Cain settled several claims of sexual harassment in the past.  While he wasn't a wholesale dipshit like Roy Moore of Alabama, he was likely dirty enough. And unfortunately Cain lacked  knowledgeable about science and Covid.  He appeared at Trump's Tulsa rally maskless and steadfastly refused to wear a mask at all.  In large part, he consented to his own death.

Yep, "in the past" are your key words concerning the harassment, the man admitted as such to those that were settled, but it was the frenzy to remove him from running and bring up the issues of the past along with "new" allegations.   I wonder, if Kennedy were alive today banging Marylin, who would shout the loudest.

I'm not going to defend his lack of wearing a mask, that's his reasons alone, his choice.   I have no issues if you choose not to wear one, just as I have no issues if you choose not to wear a condom and spread STI's/HIV/AIDS.

Selden
11 hours ago, BendBill said:

If you *think* you're conservative but don't know these people or orgs,  we now return you to your regular cable shout-shows and news bunnies.

Add Steven Calabrese,  to the list: 

"But I am frankly appalled by the president's recent tweet seeking to postpone the November election. Until recently, I had taken as political hyperbole the Democrats' assertion that President Trump is a fascist. But this latest tweet is fascistic and is itself grounds for the president's immediate impeachment again by the House of Representatives and his removal from office by the Senate," Calabresi wrote.

Cofounder Of Conservative Federalist Society Calls For President Trump To Be Impeached

Selden

Trump demonstrating how difficult it is for him to read from a printed piece of paper:  

Patallaire
4 hours ago, realshelby said:

Blacks are protesting because they are afraid the Police are going to shoot them. Arrest them when they are not doing anything wrong. They are simply not treated equally by Police, Government, and society as things are now. 

As has been pointed out, if you are not doing anything and show respect, not attitude, you won't get shot, beaten or jailed.  

5 hours ago, realshelby said:

White Power" from a golf cart that says a lot. That the current protests to give Black people the same rights,

You stated that "White Power" is from a golf cart and that the protests were a result of Blacks not having the same rights.  As in any discussion I chose to take you literally, they can ride in golf carts if they chose, just as you can.  Your point was that "Whites" have power and Blacks don't, I deal with many very very successful Blacks who are not buying into this victim mentality that seems to be pervasive, and for some reason you are buying into.