IGNORED

The NH Hampster đŸč Ride.

TEWKS

A bit premature but WTF! (Oops sorry wrong page) :classic_blush: :classic_biggrin:

It may end up being a solo ride, I haven’t heard from my two local riding buds but it’s ok. The plan is to be ordering Eggs Benedict at 9:00 am tomorrow morning up in Hollis, and then threading the dirty needle up the entire state to the Canadian Border. I’m not sure how far I’ll make it tomorrow so, stay tuned. :classic_wink:

Oil and air, check!

93798F97-7738-4734-A5AB-BAC52A710C34.jpeg

• Like 5

Oh look, she reads those ADV pages too, just trying to impress in hopes of a free ride I guess. Nope, ain’t gonna work! :classic_biggrin:

742E1CAF-0412-42AE-82E4-C3EA9EA0BF2A.jpeg

• Haha 2

Hang in there TEWKS, there is still time for folks to respond. 

MotoVermont is closed until Aug 15th, so that messed up my plans for a rental to ride to a Vermont gathering for Chromeheads.org.  Otherwise, i would fly in and join you.   Perhaps next year when things settle down a bit.

Keep us posted when you do go.

......and, there you go with that GS thing again.  Oh, my.  :whistle:

• Like 1

I’ll be leaving in the am for sure. :thumbsup: It’ll be a good scouting trip to get under my belt for next year, you know, when you have that new GS! :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1
roadscholar
3 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Yum! :eat:

A2CEB0A2-01DA-46D3-81FE-51B3E8105691.jpeg

Some serious Eggs Benedict there, are you taking that to go : )  Looks like an excellent adventure Pat, keep the pics coming..

• Like 1

Thanks Bill, you’re kind of the inspiration behind it all! :thumbsup:

North Wilmington Church 1829.

132558A5-38B0-48E3-BD1B-460A3C948330.jpeg

edit...that’s not North Wilmington, I’ll need to google map it. North Wilmot NH.

Funny it caught my eye because of its architecture and obvious age but how funny, it was built on Tewksbury Hill. :classic_biggrin:

See

• Like 3

Now I must confess...we are going to break this into a two part trip. Camping is crazy up here, $80 bucks for a tent site in the one place that had a spot. Probably why it’s 80 I guess. 

Anyway, two hours down the interstate and I’ll be home. We’ll resume in the next couple of weeks. We did make it up to the Kancamagus.

52A09E01-3367-408C-ADD2-EB4F20632553.jpeg

48D8B601-ABE2-427E-A3C6-D5F2FC4240F4.jpeg

• Like 4

A few more thoughts on yesterday's ride. I'm gonna guess the southern portion was about 70% dirt and all big bike friendly. We passed a few different spots with at least million dollar views. I wish we pulled over but then again, it's almost impossible to capture it all.

I know it didn't happen without pics but, we were on Cape Moonshine Rd (cool name I thought) when we saw a Black Bear. He was on a little offshoot road but I blew past it. I pointed him out to Mitch and he was able to stop. I looped back around and just as I was pulling my camera out he scurried off the road.

Mitch has to truck his daughter down to NC next week for school so it might be a couple before we can finish it up but I'm looking forward to it. :thumbsup: 

darnit...just saw this now.  I clearly need to keep a closer eye on this board. I'm interested in the next one (although RT on fire roads can be... interesting).

• Like 2

Yeah hopefully we’ll get it completed in two weeks. I don’t know if the northern section is going to get rockier, but the southern half was pretty RT safe. I’ll post something when it’s a go! :thumbsup:

• Like 2
On 8/1/2020 at 9:05 AM, TEWKS said:

No adventure ride would be complete without an “old county rd” tossed in.

And I see you're all "stitched up" for the ride.....:18:

• Like 1

Yup, I did break another zipper tab as I was putting it on and again threatened it with retirement, but my crafty cheapness fixed it right up! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

Dude, that was awesome!   Very professionally done.  I am envious of your directorial / editing skills. 

I can say that I can manage to download video from my Garmin helmet cam.  I also clipped it to get it under the 15 minutes allowed for my YT account; that is the extent of my editing skills.   I still have a LOT to learn on using my editing software.  Dang, now I do not feel worthy enough after watching that.   :classic_biggrin:

• Thanks 1

Thanks William, but I'd be really dishonest if I agreed that, that took some level of talent. :grin: My new iPhone whatever # it is did it all, I mean all of it, other than snapping the pics. With a little patience though and some video clips, (didn't take) it could have been way better.

I have an Android phone and have used an iPhone 5S in the past (when it was the latest) for work.  After seeing all your art work using that iPhone, I am convinced that you are trying to lure me over to Apple O/S like you are with the GS thingy.    :5146:

Great work either way, Pat.  I was still impressed.

Cheers!

• Thanks 1

PART TWO SATURDAY 8/15/2020

So, the second half is planned for next Saturday. The meeting point for anyone interested will be the NH State Liquor and Wine outlet just after the Hooksett toll plaza northbound on I-93 at 8:00 am.

Ditched the tent idea for a cabin in Pittsburg with room for six additional people at $40 bucks per.

I suspect some of the northern parts may be a handful on a street only machine so that’s something to keep in mind. :5146:

I’ll stoke this storyline back up on Saturday. :thumbsup: 

385FAC60-442C-4F63-9BA0-B57E93B6A597.jpeg

Well we made it to Boundary Pond 12 hours after leaving the house. Some mess ups with the gps mapping but nothing that we couldn’t fix.

A few pics along the way.

E2CE3080-559E-43E1-B6E5-0EB550489227.jpeg

A297B31F-3E20-47DA-BA4C-9B7686CD908B.jpeg

When you can pass vehicles like this in the dirt, it’s a good GS day! :grin:

5BDBB40B-A1B0-4C48-A460-F48CD5ABB0F0.jpeg

BD271C84-8ADD-41EF-AC0E-4965F514E472.jpeg

End of the road for the bikes. The pond was about a thousand feet past the gate.

97B4EC24-FE1E-44AC-8B5B-4C6E6B281536.jpeg

Worth the walk. Funny, my phone said welcome to Canada as I approached the pond. :grin:

image.thumb.jpeg.8906d0ed5fe1ff49778a5b54bd5bc744.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a4828bfba3a9aa6df44cd04a56e6ff5e.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.d8e474eb5bebd5a07c95529b0d26cd82.jpegOh yeah, had another Black Bear sighting today, he actually ran right across the road in front of me but of course the camera just went back in my pocket minutes before. 

Five hours in the saddle tomorrow and this one will be history! :java:

• Like 4

Funny how people look at things. We pulled into this little place for breakfast and the owner of this rig said to his wife “Now that’s how you do it” seeing our bikes. Before we struck up a conversation with them, me and Mitch agreed looking at their setup and saying “wow now that’s how to do it” :grin:

68A17035-A987-41CE-A704-7A3BCA25E5ED.jpeg

• Haha 1

So, it wasn’t Colorado but being in my backyard I saw some pretty awesome views that I never realized existed. :read:

I have to acknowledge one adventure rider “FreeTheBeast” who mapped this out. We had a great time! Thank You! :clap: 

I think we’ll try this again next summer so get your adventure bikes ready! :thumbsup:

A few leftovers.

Where we went. :revit:

0DAD671A-C47A-429E-9298-310E8419E373.jpeg

50034871-7F1F-48DD-B7EA-642D0617D20B.jpeg

Dirty face race. :grin: Said this before and I should have listened to myself. Selfie's should be outlawed after twenty five. :facepalm:

CBA36A7E-C13C-4B25-8696-709AC69A39F3.jpeg

Arrived at our camp to find an intruder in the backyard. Better than on the roadway I guess. :dontknow:

FC96DDB8-8014-4F98-8E54-99D037728C2D.jpeg

All the years riding together, I never knew the guy was an awesome chef! Nice, we can call him up next year! ;)

B9068B4B-F77F-41F3-B842-8B999E53485A.jpeg

15D74F61-9307-4DD1-85F5-E9E4ED0B7A8C.jpeg

• Like 2

Ok, I’ve milked this cow for all she’s worth! :grin: 

The full-length movie is now playing at a theater near you. :rofl:

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Awesome! :thumbsup: I’ll have to study up that route and put it in thought process for next summer! :clap:

Got me to thinking, you've done about about a quarter of the Colorado BDR already. Cumberland, Waunita Pass, the old stage road Doyleville to Lake City plus Cinnamon and Ophir Passes. :thumbsup: 

IMG_3055.JPG

image.thumb.jpeg.d42a46591a31bd7d2ee255ded3ff04e7.jpeg

Here's a ride coming up if you or any buds are interested in heading south in October, it should be fun with some pretty scenic stuff through backwoods Georgia. Day 3 is a loop into the mountains some of which might look familiar..

026-L.jpg

044-L.jpg  

Swapping you onto the Dakar and Shannon to the KLR after lunch was one of the better decisions we made all day, I think everyone was happy : )

066-L.jpg

109-L.jpg

Trans Ga Rally :

https://advrider.com/f/threads/2020-trans-georgia-rally.1455574/

• Like 1
On 8/3/2020 at 4:24 AM, BamaJohn said:

And I see you're all "stitched up" for the ride.....:18:

I think he’s had it since he was a teenager. :grin:

• Haha 1

Oh wow, that sounds like a fun time Bill! :thumbsup: 

Thinking about it, I’ve never ridden a motorcycle in the State of Georgia AFAIK. :5146: :4323:

• Like 1