RandyShields

40 years of GS

RandyShields

Just saw this the other day -- it's a short video of some GS legends and the history of the GS -- at the same time with a teaser on the just-released mid-sized GS models in the black and gold livery.  Very well done video and great looking new bikes!

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=40+years+of+bmw+gs&docid=13826113167775&mid=A99DEC4736CCB4BF6AA1A99DEC4736CCB4BF6AA1&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

• Like 3

TEWKS

Yup, they’re holding back on the R 1250 GS & GSA. :5146:
Maybe something new is coming? :19:

TEWKS

The GSA...I’d like to see them integrate the regular GS beak (or similar) along with the factory tank pad that is on the regular GS. 

Some version of black, be it TB or the Bumblebee yellow accents. :thumbsup:

That’s all, I’m not being difficult. :classic_biggrin:

Chris K
16 hours ago, TEWKS said:

The GSA...I’d like to see them integrate the regular GS beak (or similar) along with the factory tank pad that is on the regular GS. 

Some version of black, be it TB or the Bumblebee yellow accents. :thumbsup:

That’s all, I’m not being difficult. :classic_biggrin:

Pat, nothing a little money can't fix!

• Like 1

TEWKS

I would imagine, we’re going to see what they have to offer in the big GS/A line by the end of the month. :dontknow:

TEWKS

It was suggested over at ADV Rider that color options will be the only GS/A change for 21. Not sure how strong or reliable that info is but the poster seemed to have an in. 

Anybody itching to see something new? Or, is it just me...:dontknow:

RandyShields

Not a big fan of the current 1250 colors.  Would love to see a return so some of the RT 1100 green and blue colors, but doubt that is going to happen. 

• Like 1

TEWKS

Yeah, I was hoping for a little more than a color change myself. We’ll see, maybe a surprise awaits! :dontknow:

TEWKS

Prunelles over on ADV seems to have inside dealer info that suggested a slight GS facelift, (details sketchy) (Possibly adaptive cruise and cornering headlights) he did have a picture of a TFT display with integrated navigation.  Early October we should see more according to him and his sources. :thumbsup:

eb8f972d-855f-4490-a46f-7e3b00ca65af-jpe

TEWKS

Our Adv guy Prunelles put up another picture. We’re getting closer! :yes:
updated dash I assume

d73b006b-ecfd-4258-bc59-11534d5b1b37-jpe

old setup

zf79717_dash.jpg

TEWKS

That might be the 850 Adventure. :(

TEWKS

Sifting through the replies on ADV, a European dealer is telling a few that there will be a 40th anniversary edition 1250 GS / A. I assume they are going to use yellow trim as they did with the 850s’. Also mentioned was a triple black. The other tidbit was an extra large TFT display on the 21 RT. All just speculation at this point but better than nothing. :grin: