IGNORED

Side case protection

Dan M

Black

Does anyone here have BMW's side case protection panels? They look to be effective against scuffs but I'm wondering if they would provide any protection in the event of a 0 mph drop. I know there are various crash bars out there that wold be more effective but I'm not really interested in adding them.

On 7/25/2020 at 10:09 AM, Dan M said:

Does anyone here have BMW's side case protection panels? They look to be effective against scuffs but I'm wondering if they would provide any protection in the event of a 0 mph drop. I know there are various crash bars out there that wold be more effective but I'm not really interested in adding them.

I have them on my RT. They are really just there to protect the case primarily from scraping against another surface (the side of your home or garage for example). They offer no impact resistance from my assessment.  They might diminish damage but a side dump at 0mph is likely to do a number on the plastic of the case (structurally).

I went with Wunderlich engine and side case crash bars on my RT for true protection in the case of a dump or crash.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Claudio said:

I have them on my RT. They are really just there to protect the case primarily from scraping against another service (the side of your home or garage for example). They offer no impact resistance from my assessment.  They might diminish damage but a side dump at 0mph is likely to do a number on the plastic of the case (structurally).

I went with Wunderlich engine and side case crash bars on my RT for true protection in the case of a dump or crash.

Thanks!