IGNORED

ISO: 2009 stock windshield

jbr7t

Just picked up a 2009 1200RT today. Previous owner had installed a nice Ztechnik windshield..BUT it's HUGE. I can see it would be nice for winter riding, but at 99 today, it stops way to much wind, even lowered all the way. Anyone got a stock one or other aftermarket that's smaller they're looking to part ways with?

Thanks

aggieengineer

Might try eBay. I got lots of hits from a search for "BMW R1200RT windshield". Some of the aftermarket windshield I looked at in the past are not molded into a compound curve like the original. They forcibly distort the mounting arms when installed.

• Like 1

Not used, but I’m planning to buy a shorty from California Scientific (calsci.com). I cut down my stock windshield and find it’s an ok compromise for hot days. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, blalor said:

Not used, but I’m planning to buy a shorty from California Scientific (calsci.com). I cut down my stock windshield and find it’s an ok compromise for hot days. 

Just checked out the calsci ones.  They look good. If I can't find a used OEM one in decent shape, I may just grab their shorty. Thanks for the info!

• 2 weeks later...

I have one, came with the bike, I don't think I have even looked at it to see what shape it is in.  Where are you located?

• 3 weeks later...

I have a stock windshield from a 2006 R12000RT in my garage that I took off the bike in 2007.  Not sure it will fit 2009. Happy to part with it if it works for you.