IGNORED

It helps to take a scenic ride

Ken S

D9CD898F-1426-4221-AAF1-7B02FDF2FA36.thumb.jpeg.8b9a61a12881ee646a8cd1bdd955192a.jpegIt’s been many months now since my last ride. I live in Alaska, but my RT is patiently waiting for an adventure in Albuquerque.  I rode it there from GA last September, with plans for rides to s. CA, Torrey and Cambria this year.  But of course all that changed. 

Fortunately, a friend here has 2 Indian motorcycles: a Springfield and FTR Scrambler.  I rode the Scrambler and we did a few hours out of Anchorage and up Hiland Road near Eagle River.

It has lots of steep ups and downs and some twisties, but you have to watch for a little sand on the road in spots. 

It was a beautiful sunny day in the 70s and the ride and scenery were refreshing. I’m looking forward to the days when these types of activities are more the norm, again. 

B6C14356-47D6-45EF-ACEC-76C4779D69BC.thumb.jpeg.025497b4facc62cf03e5b3e7eb95ee66.jpeg

• Like 7
szurszewski

Hi Ken! We've been wondering what you were getting up to this summer!

Thanks for sharing the pics - that looks like a fun bike (I didn't know they made a scrambler).

Jeremiah and I just - like five minutes ago - returned from a couple/few hour loop here in WA - mostly on logging roads, but a little at the beginning and end on regular roads and a cool stretch on a single lane paved road along a creek - saw exactly zero other vehicles on that section and one other moto and two logging trucks (some BIG logs coming down today!) on the gravel bits. Clear and sunny down low but we were in the clouds up in the hills. Great ride. We didn't stop anywhere, so no pics today, but here's one from up there a few weeks ago. 

IMG_0511.thumb.jpeg.e362b802bdb824043ab07d76812991e0.jpeg

On 7/16/2020 at 9:57 AM, szurszewski said:

a couple/few hour loop here in WA - mostly on logging roads,

Josh, Sounds like fun.  I'd like to do more exploring in WA.  Spending a lot of time this summer with building projects, ... .   Has Jeremiah started talking about a ride of his own yet? 

szurszewski
1 hour ago, Ken S said:

Josh, Sounds like fun.  I'd like to do more exploring in WA.  Spending a lot of time this summer with building projects, ... .   Has Jeremiah started talking about a ride of his own yet? 

That's what we should be doing - building things - but we've just been sitting around lazily!

He has not - I'm not sure if he will or not; it will be interesting to see what happens. He seems to like riding, but it's not overly important to him. Today for instance I had to go drop some stuff off and was taking the bike - he opted to go with me. We ended up meeting Laura for lunch in town and hung out at the park for awhile. When it was time to go I sensed he maybe didn't want to gear back up, and said, I'm sure your mom would take you home in the car if you want... he sort of apologized and said he was just too warm to want to put his stuff back on. I think he was worried I'd be disappointed. Kids :)