IGNORED

Service Warning Reset

Shelterwoods

Shelterwoods

I am one week new to BMW's, and my R1250RS in particular. I would like to know how to turn off or reset service warnings. I have scheduled a first service in about 5 days, but I have a service warning for that service that keeps showing up. I can make the warning dialog disappear, but it shows up each time I start the bike, and there is a warning triangle on the dashboard screen.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Del

Yep, you are stuck with that until you get your service done...or you override it with the kit 92Merc spoke of. 

Me...i can live with it!

Shelterwoods
1 hour ago, 92Merc said:

You need a device.  GS911 and Motoscan are the most popular.  You can search those on here...

Thank you for the information. 

Del

Shelterwoods
1 hour ago, 92Merc said:

You need a device.  GS911 and Motoscan are the most popular.  You can search those on here...

Where is the OBD connection, under the rider or pillion seat? I have a scan tool already, if I have an adapter, will a typical Snap-on tool work?

Del

1 hour ago, 92Merc said:

GS911 $$$$

Motoscan $

Guess which route I went.

44 minutes ago, Shelterwoods said:

Where is the OBD connection, under the rider or pillion seat? I have a scan tool already, if I have an adapter, will a typical Snap-on tool work?

Del

Only if you're scan tool covers BMW Motorcycles, if not specifically called out, likely it won't do anything.

Only GS911's and the Motoscan app are what I hear works,.....and the Motoscan app DOES work.

3 hours ago, Shelterwoods said:

Del

On my 16 RS the connection is on the right side under the side cover for the battery access. The 1250RS has an OBD2 connector just like a car. I do not believe that the Snap on tool will work to reset the service light, the GS911 or Motoscan will be required.