IGNORED

Top Box lid won’t latch

Boyd's Auto

Boyd's Auto

I did a bit of a search didn’t find anything specific to the issue. I disassembled my top box, no key. After reassembling the case when open the two latches work fine. However, when I close the lid the latch won’t slide into place even if I press down on the lid. The catch slides the pins back and forth no problem when the lid is open but not when it is closed. It is like the tangs for the lid are too high not allowing the pins to slide into place. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Mike

make sure the release is pulled all the way to the stop.  if the release isn't pulled all the way, the lid will not close the last little bit.

Boyd's Auto

Thanks tried that, it seems that the plastic liner is hanging up and not letting the lid ride flush with the bottom case. Does any one have a document showing the disassembly and assembly process for the top case?

Mike

Boyd's Auto

Gave it a break then went back at it and figured out the issue. On the liner there is a metal band that slides the pins in place, in order to lock the lid, there are two Plastic tabs beside the slots where the front lock plates to fit In, these tabs have to be behind the band that operate the movement of the pins if not the locking plate can’t slide into place. 

Mike