IGNORED

Clutch bleeding

Gage

Despite there being no service interval for the mineral oil I though I’d go ahead and drain it since it’s 8 years old. How necessary is it to back bleed the clutch? I bought a speed bleeder for it but I have the tools to back bleed it as well if necessary.

8 hours ago, Gage said:

Despite there being no service interval for the mineral oil I though I’d go ahead and drain it since it’s 8 years old. How necessary is it to back bleed the clutch? I bought a speed bleeder for it but I have the tools to back bleed it as well if necessary.

Morning  Gage

If by draining it you allowed "all" the fluid to run out, THEN re-filled & bled, back filling it will shorten the bleed process & get the air out quickly.

If you are just going to bleed new fluid though an already filled system (no air in the system now)  then back-bleeding is not necessary. 

29 minutes ago, dirtrider said:

Morning  Gage

If by draining it you allowed "all" the fluid to run out, THEN re-filled & bled, back filling it will shorten the bleed process & get the air out quickly.

If you are just going to bleed new fluid though an already filled system (no air in the system now)  then back-bleeding is not necessary. 

Thank you! I’ve not drained the system so that sounds good!

It seems fairly simple - the slave is at the back of the transmission accessible from the left side next to the shock. The small bottle of v10 was $15

was there an in-production change on the bleeder size? My bike has an 8mm but the bmw parts fiche shows an m6?

speed bleeder is sending the correct one no questions asked. Props to them for that!