IGNORED

My Kinsley's Memorial Weekend Ride

Bernie

I rode last Friday, 6/26/2020 to Dahlonega, GA for the Kinsley Remembrance Ride & Gathering.

@Huzband and I departed early Friday morning with @Highway41 in tow.

After breakfast in Baxley, GA, Bill returned to Jax, FL and Huzband and I followed my planned route of 479 miles to our motel in Dahlonega, GA.

The route included several sections that Kinsley had send me a long time ago and that I been using when I ride to most START/FART events.

We arrived in time for dinner at the motel to meet a few guys from the board. We all walked into town and found a very nice place for dinner.

On Saturday morning, everyone had separate plans for their ride to the Gathering Spot on RBR.

I had made my own confusing route, that included some very old tracks from previous events in the area. I rode out around 7 AM in a slight on/off misting of rain. I did see a lot of animals that morning, everything from a hawk, rabbits, deer, turkey and some unidentified brown fuzzy animal. Lucky for me and them, I was able to avoid all of them. A picture of a rest stop before lunch.574018936_2020-06-2710_50.23-1.thumb.jpg.55c9bacc3d8e192147c1d35c038db8a8.jpg

After a few detours, because of some dirt roads I included in the route by mistake, I ended up in Ellijay. I had a great lunch sandwich and cup of coffee at the Ellijay Coffee House.

Here are some of the roads from before lunch:

Holts Road and Jay Bridge Road

After lunch I connected with @Indy Dave and @BMW_Ken and we rode the rest of my route to the RBR Gathering Place together.

The following video was recorded after lunch:

Kinsley Memorial Ride 2020

After the very special Gathering we rode back to the motel. 

Sunday morning we, Huzband and I departed in the middle of a rain shower for our ride home. After seeing 97 degree F and lots of sunshine, we arrived back home safely after around 420 miles.

Edited by Bernie
Typos
  • Like 18

Great to see you after a long Winter, Bernie. Great write-up and videos. Holts and Jay Bridge rd look great! I really enjoyed our rides together. :bike:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Bernie said:

After a few detours, because of some dirt roads I included in the route by mistake, I ended up in Ellijay. 

Now in certain circles, it'd be considered a mistake not to include dirt roads into the route. ;) :grin:  

Nice tale Bernie, sad the journey had to be made though. 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Now in certain circles, it'd be considered a mistake not to include dirt roads into the route. ;) :grin:  

Nice tale Bernie, sad the journey had to be made though. 

Well I did ride one of the dirt roads, nice single track gravel road. Of course I was a little worried about oncoming traffic, since there was no way to get out of the way with a RT. LOL

• Like 1

Nice write up and I fully understand about the dirt roads. That is to say, if you RT handles as well on dirt roads as mine - which is not the best. :5146:

• Like 1

It was great to spend a weekend riding with you, Bernie. It was also good to see some long lost familiar faces again.

• Like 1