IGNORED

Cases for R1100RS

tonyurban

tonyurban

I'm a new owner of a 1995 R1100RS smile.gif. I'd be interested in finding cases for my now-caseless cycle. Can anyone clue me in on what (if any) other years OEM BMW cases will fit my particular bike? Any other interesting case vendors? Thanks.

Tony

All system cases from 1994-2005 oilheads and K1200's will fit your bike. Just be aware that the left case from the R11XXGS, K1200RS and K1200GT are smaller than the standard size due to muffler clearance issues. Going price for used seems to be $250-500 depending on the condition.

Paul Mihalka

The only bags that will fit are from any R11xxRS or R11xxRT. The left bags from K/RS, R/GS, R/R, look the same (the lids are the same), but besides the left bag being smaller the mounting points to the bike are different.

tonyurban

Will the top case from R and/or K bikes fit, or is it more like the side cases where RS/RT cases will only fit?

Thanks for the great info...

ShovelStrokeEd

You might also want to explore Givi or Krauser options. I have a pair of Givi E360 side cases and an E460 top case fitted to my Blackbird and the luggage capacity exceeds that of the BMW bags by a large margin. I have 129 liters of total capacity and all of it is usable. Any bag can fit in any position on the bike so I can run a bunch of different combinations depending on need. They are a bit fugly and the wing rack is a little big looking when running bare. There are other options for mounting that leave a cleaner looking bike with the bags off.

Spend some time Twisted Throttle on this site to explore the alternatives. Nice folk, have most of the stuff in stock most of the time and don't gouge you on shipping. You can even get the bags keyed alike for a couple of bucks more.

russell_bynum
Will the top case from R and/or K bikes fit, or is it more like the side cases where RS/RT cases will only fit?

Thanks for the great info...

Paul is right...You need R11XXRS/RT cases.

An R1100RT topcase will fit. If you already have the luggage rack, then it just snaps right on. If you don't have the luggage rack, you'll need to order that. Bob's BMW has it in their online catalog.

tonyurban
An R1100RT topcase will fit. If you already have the luggage rack, then it just snaps right on. If you don't have the luggage rack, you'll need to order that. Bob's BMW has it in their online catalog.

I have a rack on the back of my bike, but I'm not sure if its a luggage rack. Anyone have a pic of a luggage rack or can you describe it? I checked out the twisted throttle site and i really like the Givi cases.

Tony

Archived