IGNORED

generations?

lather

So as a prospective owner I am researching the 2013 RT and find the BMWWiki. This shows second generation USA K26 model was sold from July 08 to May 2014 and the 3rd generation K56 was sold from January 2013 to July 2018.

I did a VIN search and got a report on my VIN showing it is a K26. Seems awkward that the two generations overlap. But more confusing is that this forum section is Cam Heads - RTs from 2010 and later. What am I missing?

AFAIK, the 2013 was the last Camhead air & oil cooled RT and the 2014 and up are the liquid cooled motors. The Camheads are very nice, you won't be disappointed. :thumbsup:

Now as far as overlapping models, it has happened like with the 2006 R1150 GSA and 2006 R1200 GSA. :dontknow:

It may be that the overlay is related to other international markets. Realoem.com lists some overlap between camheads and wetheads. As far as the camhead "2010 on" - I think we just need to update the description for the camhead and wetheads - thanks for pointing that out!

Good luck with your search!

MontanaMark

As an aside, don't try to find a shop manual for a 2013.  They don't exist.  Get one for the 2012 and you're good to go...

Cheers,

Mark