IGNORED

Maintenance Coupon

profbodryak

profbodryak

Has anyone every received one? I received two coupons around November of last year (one for $150 and one for $300 towards service of $75 and $150 or greater, respectively) which was perfectly in time for my 6,000 mile service and my friend's tire change. I've had BMW's serviced by authorized dealers for years but it was the first time I received something like that. Is it possible that it is related to me buying an RT in October from an authorized dealer? But then it was a third RT bought from a dealer. The coupon came as a flyer in the mail from Motorrad of North America. Trying to figure out how to get a coupon for my 12,000 mile service :)

Yes I also received the same coupon book. I had just done my 6k Service and didn’t get to use them. IIRC it also had a BMW accessory coupon. 

No it’s been 1 1/2 years ago or so. Was the dealer you bought your bike from mentioned anywhere on the ad? Mine was. Just drumming up service business. Their bread and butter. 

Well dog... I'm due for service and tires.  I just wrote BMWNA to see if I can sweet talk them in to sending me a coupon or two.  Ill send the dealer one too.  Thanks for the post.

RandyShields

I have gotten these coupons before and my dealership has honored them, even one after the fact.  Not sure why I received them, but happy to save a few $$ in the process!

WOW ... that is great.   Have gotten a few coupons but no coupon book with $75/$150 coupons.  Good deal.   How do I sign up!   :4907:

I got a 10% off on annual service offer one month after I had my service done.  Instead of building customer loyalty, it pissed me off and I told them so.  It appears they send the offers out at some monthly interval.  If you rack up more miles than months, well just sucks to be ewe.

profbodryak
On 6/12/2020 at 5:14 PM, Alfred02 said:

They might be trying to stimulate business, considering how bad the economy is right now everywhere.

Probably not because mine arrived in November before this whole mess started...

It was amazing to get them because I got the engine covers basically for free!

Well I got a response from BMWNA today.  They claim no knowledge of any coupons.  They suggested I check with my dealer....so I did.  They said huh?  Oh well.

• 1 month later...

So I did receive them... twice. Once in the email and then by mail. My dealer was so booked that they couldn't service the bike on time for 12000 so I had to wait. And I few days after I received maintenance coupons. This time it was $25 off an oil change and $50 off service that is at $250 or more.

3 hours ago, profbodryak said:

So I did receive them... twice. Once in the email and then by mail. My dealer was so booked that they couldn't service the bike on time for 12000 so I had to wait. And I few days after I received maintenance coupons. This time it was $25 off an oil change and $50 off service that is at $250 or more.

Yeah ... and I just took my GS in for the annual one year service.  But dang the total bill was less than $250 so could not use the $50. 

On 8/11/2020 at 9:38 PM, RTinNC said:

Yeah ... and I just took my GS in for the annual one year service.  But dang the total bill was less than $250 so could not use the $50. 

That's interesting, what did they do as part of that service? It happens that my valve adjustments don't usually happen during the same service as brake fluid changes. So it fluctuates between $330 (service with valve adjustment) and around $250 or slightly over for the one with brake fluid changes. I was able to get discounts both times.

On 8/14/2020 at 3:23 PM, profbodryak said:

That's interesting, what did they do as part of that service? It happens that my valve adjustments don't usually happen during the same service as brake fluid changes. So it fluctuates between $330 (service with valve adjustment) and around $250 or slightly over for the one with brake fluid changes. I was able to get discounts both times.

They did the brake flush  (done at one year then every 2 years)  and I had them do the final drive (usually do it myself but since it was there and it's a pretty cheap service had them do it)  and all the "annual service checks" and my dealer actually does go over the entire bike and let's me know if anything needs attention now of in the near term.  And of course reset the service date thingy.    And had them check a couple warranty items ... SAP and brake fault issue.