IGNORED

stumbling

Rube

My almost new to me 2011 r1200Rt began to stumble today when I was riding. It was 92 degrees out. I have just shy of 32K on the bike. It has been flawless. I noticed the stumble after slowing done and accelerating hard then noticed it anytime I was taking off or laying on the throttle. Even with this I was still able to cruise at 70 on the highway home. I would suspect bad gas, clogged fuel filter, or bad coil pack but I don't know these bikes. It has been serviced regularly by the same dealer since new at all the recommended intervals. Any suggestions?

15 minutes ago, Rube said:

My almost new to me 2011 r1200Rt began to stumble today when I was riding. It was 92 degrees out. I have just shy of 32K on the bike. It has been flawless. I noticed the stumble after slowing done and accelerating hard then noticed it anytime I was taking off or laying on the throttle. Even with this I was still able to cruise at 70 on the highway home. I would suspect bad gas, clogged fuel filter, or bad coil pack but I don't know these bikes. It has been serviced regularly by the same dealer since new at all the recommended intervals. Any suggestions?

Evening Rube

Might be a stick coil going out (not unheard of). 

Might even be a spark plug with badly eroded electrodes (if the plugs haven't been replaced in a while might start with those)

See if the problem is still there next time you ride it. If so then you will have to do some trouble shooting to try & find it. 

Better hope it isn't a plugged fuel filter as the filter is non-replaceable without replacing the fuel pump assembly.  

• 7 months later...

just had the bike into the dealer to look at the misfire/skip... 1 coil was not 100%. The dealer replaced it and I cannot be happier. Took a test ride yesterday at 30 degrees. Can't wait for spring.