IGNORED

Beemer Boneyard Fuel Filter Kit Question

Tush

Hi All,

Continuing to work on my 02 1150 RT and have a question regarding the Beemer Boneyard Fuel Filter Kit.  The kit comes with the two short lines for the top of the fuel filter and fuel pump (I also have the curved line for the bottom).  The two short lines are more like nylon and not rubber like the ones that are on it currently...these new short lines are an extremely tight fit.  I’m thinking of softening a little bit with a heat gun in order to push them on a little easier.  I don’t think they will go on otherwise..

Does anyone have experience with this kit and in particular these two short hoses?

Cheers

Tush

Tush,

I installed these same lines.  Got them on sufficiently without heat, I just proceeded slowly.  I had thought about heating them, but I was worried that they would deform or collapse on install.  No problems to report after two years.

szurszewski

I’ll second that - I’ve installed several filter and u-bend kits from them. I agree that it *seems* like those hard lines won’t fit, but I assure they will. 

In my experience, being able to rotate/twist either the hose or fitting back and forth helps, as does a bit of lube like water, fuel or windex - but basically each time I think jeez this is a tight fit, maybe it won’t work...and then it does. 

Brucifer1150
10 hours ago, Tush said:

Hi All,

Continuing to work on my 02 1150 RT and have a question regarding the Beemer Boneyard Fuel Filter Kit.  The kit comes with the two short lines for the top of the fuel filter and fuel pump (I also have the curved line for the bottom).  The two short lines are more like nylon and not rubber like the ones that are on it currently...these new short lines are an extremely tight fit.  I’m thinking of softening a little bit with a heat gun in order to push them on a little easier.  I don’t think they will go on otherwise..

Does anyone have experience with this kit and in particular these two short hoses?

Cheers

Tush

Tush,

Did you get the Filter Kit or is it part of the 12/24 Maintenance Kit?

Their site can be confusing at times.

Brucifer, 

Here’s what I got directly from my invoice. 

Flexible In-Tank Fuel      Bbsubhosekit            1   12.95
Hose Kit
New Fuel Filter For BMW    BB16142325859           1   17.95
New Oilhead Fuel Filter    BBFfilterORingK         1    6.95
Change O-Ring & Hose
Clamp Kit

Cheers, 

Tush

Bit of a setback today...I’m a little bummed....

I broke the plastic nipple on the top of the fuel pump trying to get the stock bmw clips of the hose...so, I’m in the market for a new fuel pump....

cheers

Tush

spacewrench

I have a fuel pump (2000 R1100S) that I just swapped out for new from BeemerBoneyard.  The old one was still working, but it made a modestly annoying squeal all the time.  New one is better: it squeals a little when it pressures up the system, but I can't hear it the rest of the time.  (The old one wasn't all that bad either...I ride with earplugs and [often] music, so I didn't really hear it, but I knew it was making noise.)

Anyway, if you want, I'll give you my old pump.  I also have most of the BeemerBoneyard hose & stuff that goes in the tank -- they send plenty of fuel-contact hose, and I replaced the bottom U-bend hose with a stainless tube from Nushings.  I have a new pump-plate O-ring, too, and a bunch of screw-actuated fuel-injection rated hose clamps (I bought a crimper from Amazon instead).

And all of this can be yours, if you send me your address and postage!

1 hour ago, Tush said:

...so, I’m in the market for a new fuel pump....

cheers

Tush

I've replaced pumps in a few of our BMWs with Enduralast pumps from EuroMotoElectrics.com.  They are great to deal with and I've been very happy with the pump quality and reliability.