IGNORED

Ken "Kinsley" Insley Memorial Fund and Tribute Video

Indy Dave

Nikki has made arrangements for In Memoriam Donations in remembrance of Ken with the local Husky Rescue organization. Please share this with friends who knew Ken! Here's Nikki's post from Facebook:

To Ken and my friends and family here and around the world,

MEMORIAL CONTRIBUTION FOR KEN

Given Ken's great love of our precious Husky Storm and his other beloved Husky Pups through the years, I thought it would be a lovely gesture - if you're so inclined - to make a memorial contribution in his honor to our preferred local Atlanta based Husky Rescue, Releashed Rescue. They accept both Domestic and International donations.

Founded by Charla Collings, Releashed Rescue is a licensed 501 C3 non-profit organization dedicated to rescuing huskies and other working dogs from high-kill shelters.

All funds received in memory of Ken will be tallied and allocated to a specific fund. In collaboration with me, Releashed Rescue will use the funds for the treatment of medically fragile huskies received into their care.

IMPORTANT NOTES WHEN DONATING ON THE WEBSITE - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!

1) If donating with your Pay Pal Account :

If you see the option to ADD A NOTE please type "IN
MEMORY OF KEN INSLEY"

2) If donating with a Credit/Debit Card:

If you see the option to  ADD SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS
TO THE SELLER/BUYER please type "IN MEMORY OF KEN INSLEY"

3) When asked to:  Share your mailing address with Releashed Rescue so
they can acknowledge your donation - PLEASE SHARE!

BELOW IS A LINK TO RELEASHED RESCUE'S WEBSITE:

http://www.releashedrescue.com/donations

I would be most appreciative of your gesture no matter how big or small and I know that this would make Ken smile his beautiful smile!

Thank you for your kindness and support,
Nikki & Storm

And here's the tribute video:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for linking this.

A lot of dog lovers here.

McGruff is a great judge of character, and he loved Ken too.

• Like 3

The start of that video features some conversation I had with Ken as I rolled up on him taking a break by the side of the road.  He was having an 'off day', and he'd pulled over to take a break, reset and rethink. I admired that about Ken - taking a break to think things through - where as my tendency when having an off day was to keep riding - and trying to figure it out in real time, which only added to the mental load.

Conversely, on this day, I was having a great day, as I had been working very hard for the last year on some things Ken had been coaching me on - offering feedback from videos I would send him. Many things were starting to come together for me, and we had not ridden together for a year.  Even though I knew I had improved, I was not confident enough to feel comfortable riding again with Ken. Ken's riding precision and technical skills have always seemed out of reach - and so it was due to my own sense of inadequacy - and not due to anything Ken said or pressure he would put on me. And he's clear about that when he puts on his helmet- advising me not to feel pressure and to ride my own ride. In another post, I'll share the story of our first ride together, along with the video from this ride.

But the take away here, and what resonated with me, is that as skilled as Ken was - in the midst of an 'off day' - he was smart enough to stop, pause and reset and focus on what mattered. I wonder how many of us, in the same situation, would pull off and reset - or press on, not wanting to interrupt our schedule or deal with the minor inconvenience of taking a break?

Thanks for another lesson, Ken, and for leading by example.

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, AZgman said:

I donated (via Paypal), but I did not see a way to add a note. RIP Ken

Thanks very much for the donation!  I'll forward info this to Nikki.

The 'notes' section in Paypal is a little confusing - and the location and wording of the box differs depending on if one is paying via credit or debit card, or through one's paypal account.

This is the screen is one is logging into paypal and paying through ones paypal account. The add a note is just below the selected amount and before all of the other information.

719991789_Screenshot_2020-05-29Donate.thumb.png.7a2a2fb643d957f43e1654659b8f31c0.png

If paying by credit or debit card and through you paypal account, this is the screen you'll see - on this screen it has "special instructions to the seller" in place a of add a note. That is where you would input " In Memory of Ken Insley".

168831880_huskeyrescue_2020-05-29Donatewithccordebit.thumb.png.7eeec1a0c5e7e1f04e3a32734b8a2c2d.png

Thanks again for your donation!

This weekend I listened to a couple of people talk about an apparently famous motorcycle collector whose passing was not mourned. What a difference for Ken! True immortality is living on in the hearts and minds of others. This was a beautiful tribute.

• Like 2

Thanks for the tutorial Indy Dave. These tired old eyes missed the Paypal note section the first time around, so, I donated again!

I hope all of the members here will support this worthy cause in Ken's honor.

• Like 2

Thanks Dave for the video. I searched my videos with Ken and unfortunately, not much of it was salvageable. Too much vides on that trip. In fact I have no pics of me with Ken, which is really very disappointing after all those years of hosting events together ... so I'm busy stealing everyone else's photos! 

A lesson learned from this that I didn't learn from Ken ... take time to take the pic! 

• Like 1

Thank you Dave for kindly sharing the Memorial link to Releashed Rescue - but above all thank you  from the bottom of my heart for this wonderful tribute video that so perfectly captures the essence and spirit of a most unique, special and beautiful man.  It will be cherished and treasured always! 

• Like 4

Welcome Nikki! Thanks for putting together The Releashed Rescue Memoriam fund! The photos of you, Ken and Storm are so moving! The passion both you and Ken shared for Huskies and Releashed Rescue evident, and advancing their cause is a perfect way to remember Ken! :clap:

• Like 2