IGNORED

MY RT1200RT - LC

Dreamer

Hi, this is my newly bike, RT-2015. Posted it here as Camhead, but learned this thread is the way to go!

This bike is a total different world then my K75. Like that bike, bur for two up this is soooo comfy!
Hope it wil last forever en not burdend with unexpected expenses, which you read sometimes. 

Greetings, Marcel

20200525_093532.jpg

• Like 4

Nice, San Marino Blue is a great color, but I'm biased as one just like yours is in my garage.  It is the fastest color!

And a very different bike than previous boxers as well.  It must be quite a change to have an extra 50 horse power VS your K75.   While there have been a few failures reported, the Waterhead has proven to be a pretty reliable bike.  Other than the rear shock recall, BMW got this to the market pretty well sorted.

And welcome, glad you joined us.

• Thanks 1

Marcel, your bike is so nice it made the cover page! :thumbsup: Now, once you get out and about on it, we have a page called  "ride tales" it's where you can share your adventures if you'd like.

• Like 1

Yes I miss my 15 San Marino Blue RT but the GS makes the pain less.  You got a great bike and I hope you have many miles of smiles.

• Like 1
Motorhead1977
31 minutes ago, longjohn said:

Very nice.  How do you like the stock seat.  I've changed out the seat on both of my RTs.

Very nice bike Marcel, Welcome!  Longjohn, what seat did you replace the stock seat with?

Tewks, thanks! Made it to the front page? (-:

Paul De, yes it is a remarkable power difference, pushed the throttle yesterday in third gear..felt like someone was pulling the bike away, could hardly keep up with is. Brakes are awesome. Trying to learn the quickshifter to operate without bang bang. Down is oke, up noisy! 

LongJohn, I like the stock seat, but have not been around much yet with the bike. On my K75 I have a Topsellerie Saddle with Gel and heating and that is a great Saddle for long traveldays in Europe. Improvement. For the RT I read about Laam Seats, Or the BMW Custum seats..what is a good upgrade you advise?

Today I installed USB Ports behind the speakers grill and made USB micro and USB C connection into the small glove compartment. Works great!

Will take her out for a evening drive, checking how the dash is in the evening.   

Edited by Dreamer
I talk about K75 as it is in the past, but still have that bike

The quickshifter operation is...upshifting, keep throttle open. Downshifting keep throttle closed.  I found you need to be rather deliberate/forceful with your boot snap when shifting.

Not sure what shipping would cost you but Sargent Cycle Products makes a very nice replacement seat for the RT. Now some owners find no fault with the stock seat, YBMV. (your butt may vary) :grin:

• Like 1
Motorhead1977
10 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Not sure what shipping would cost you but Sargent Cycle Products makes a very nice replacement seat for the RT. Now some owners find no fault with the stock seat, YBMV. (your butt may vary) :grin:

I ordered the Sargent World Sport Performance Plus Seat this afternoon (integrated heat).  Last day for 15% off and free shipping when ordered directly from Sargent Cycle Products..  For my butt the stock seat was only good for about 200 -250 miles.  I had a Sargent seat on my 07 VFR 800 and it was a really comfortable seat, though nothing has come close to the stock seat that came on my 09 Goldwing.  7-800 mile days were nothing in that saddle.  Looking forward to its arrival and getting to ride on it.

• Like 2

Not on my Waterhead, but had put a Russell Day Long saddle on my Oilhead and all I can say is that saddle was day long for me. I would run the fuel to empty before I needed to get off the bike.  But I'll admit the Russell saddle is not as aesthetically pleasing and the Sargent saddle which I put on my Waterhead. I guess it only matters if you have eyes in your butt!

• Like 1
Motorhead1977

Paul De, I agree that the Russell is a very comfortable seat for long days. But since I have a 29 inch inseam it's not an option for me as the RDL can't get me close to the 30" height I'm most comfortable with. The Sargent low seat gets me to 30.5" and I've got the aftermarket seat adjuster which gives me an additional 1/3 to 1/2" lower seat height. Best I can do under the circumstances without lowering the suspension. Hope the Sargent is what I'm hoping for.

Edited by Motorhead1977
correct typo
On 5/28/2020 at 5:05 PM, Motorhead1977 said:

Very nice bike Marcel, Welcome!  Longjohn, what seat did you replace the stock seat with?

A Bill Mayer seat. He is now in Ventura, and a former employee of his also has a shop there too. You can ride in, wait, and then ride out or do it by mail. They aren’t cheap but worth it from my point of view, as the stock seat is unusable for long rides. 

• Like 1