IGNORED

Oilhead Fuel Issue

EEddie1997

EEddie1997

I replaced the fuel pump/filter approx 150 miles ago but something started making a buzzing noise while riding.  When I pulled into my driveway, the cycle stalled  and would not restart.  The fuel pump fuse was burned and I replaced it.  The relay was tested and appears to be fine.  I pulled and tested the fuel pump and it appears to run fine.  

However, now my cycle won't start.  Battery is new and starter engages.

Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated.  

EEddie1997

Not quite sure what I did .... but I put it back together and it fired up on the first crank.  I just went back and tested the fuel pump relay again and checked the fuse before reinstalling the pump/filter in the gas tank.  I am sure the problem was something ridiculous like having the side stand down when I was trying to start it before.   I am still not sure what had caused the buzzing sound or caused the fuel pump fuse to pop.  I couldn't find any grounded or crossed wires.  

7 hours ago, EEddie1997 said:

Not quite sure what I did .... but I put it back together and it fired up on the first crank.  I just went back and tested the fuel pump relay again and checked the fuse before reinstalling the pump/filter in the gas tank.  I am sure the problem was something ridiculous like having the side stand down when I was trying to start it before.   I am still not sure what had caused the buzzing sound or caused the fuel pump fuse to pop.  I couldn't find any grounded or crossed wires.  

Morning  EEddie1997

What are you working on? With 1997 in your name it could be an 1100 of some sort but really need to know exactly  what you are working with to help you in detail.

Any idea on where the buzzing was coming from?  The usual cause is from a buzzing relay but without more info that is just a guess. 

It's possible that the fuse was starting to fail (intermittent current flow) & that caused a buzzing relay. 

Tell us what you are working on then we can give more detail on what/where to look into it farther.