IGNORED

28 liter top box

SlowRideOhio

SlowRideOhio

Easy question.  I have the small BMW topbox on my 2007 RT.  Will it fit on a 2014-2018 RT as well?

I would assume the answer is yes, but that I would need to get it re-keyed if I were to buy a wethead.

Thanks,

Dean

I have a Pirates Lair passenger backrest (luggage rack adapter plate required) I used on my 09 RT that also fit on my 17 RT. I think it probably will fit. 

5 hours ago, SlowRideOhio said:

Easy question.  I have the small BMW topbox on my 2007 RT.  Will it fit on a 2014-2018 RT as well?

I would assume the answer is yes, but that I would need to get it re-keyed if I were to buy a wethead.

Thanks,

Dean

I found a used color matched 49 L top box for my 15 RT, the previous owner obviously had to keep his keys.   I purchased a cylinder  with keys from MAX BMW and swapped it out myself. I think the cylinder was around $40 and came with two keys. My fob key and my top box key don't match but I really could care less, I just keep it on my key ring.  Followed instructions on YouTube on changing out the cylinder and works great.

Of course the other option was to get it re-keyed at the dealer match my fob key.

I have a 28 litre on my 14RTW. Works great.

I use it more that the bigger box. Think it looks better too.....my opinion of course.

I apologize for the hijack but I also have a small top box that came with a used 2009 1200R I bought a few years back. I’ve never used it because it seems kind of flimsy. Are the newer ones more substantial?