IGNORED

Memorial day

lawnchairboy

It's all about those that I have known and served with.

Sgt Rafael Peralta (should have gotten the MoH!! but he did get a ship named after him and our building)

Sgt Kelly Courtney

Sergeant Major Joseph Ellis

Staff Sergeant Phil Jordan

The 31 that fell out of the sky on 26 Jan 2005.

Semper Fi, Mac!

My new flagpole will be half staffed on Monday morning and raised high at noon!!!!

• Like 4

50D23FE5-414C-476D-958E-01001BD64ABA.jpeg.7ccc76c033019368b91bba6e18cc0a1d.jpeg

Afraid I don’t know any of their names. I worked in the emergency room most of my time in northern Thailand. The major losses were to our east but of course there were plenty of operations in Cambodia and Laos that originated from Thailand.  Air America staged a lot of ops in the Plain of Jars region which brought casualties into our hospital.  A big Sikorsky S-64E Skycrane crashed placing some radar equipment to our north, couple of the guys survived thankfully. In an old ambulance I brought in a young airman from town who died from a drug overdose, his death no more senseless than the others. We had good surgeons and no doubt many of those who passed through our emergency room made it on to the surgical ward.  We didn’t try to follow up on them because there were more the next day, mostly Laotians hired to fight by Air America.  Not sure how many faces I do recall are connected to names on the wall, more than a few I suspect. I do know that no matter how ill-conceived and mismanaged the war was they all died in service to their country. 

Spoiler

• Like 2
18 hours ago, Rinkydink said:

If that doesn’t make an American’s eyes moisten I don’t know what will...

IMO great warriors are still being produced here everyday, but the title, “the greatest generation” has not been overused in their case. :thumbsup: 

• Like 4
On 5/24/2020 at 6:09 PM, Rinkydink said:

If that doesn’t make an American’s eyes moisten I don’t know what will...

Beethoven’s 7th really makes it sink in a bit. 

• Like 2