IGNORED

Head valve and camshaft holders torque settings.

Xavier71

Hello my friends. After a big issue with a broken valve on my 09 RT, I bought an used valve head and cylinder from eBay. The new head looks pretty good but it comes with the camshaft holder bolts off half inch approximately. Also the valves are not in the top dead center. If someone can help me with the camshaft holder bolts torque setting and an advice about how to turn the left valve head to the TDC I really appreciate it. 

Javier. 

22 minutes ago, Xavier71 said:

Hello my friends. After a big issue with a broken valve on my 09 RT, I bought an used valve head and cylinder from eBay. The new head looks pretty good but it comes with the camshaft holder bolts off half inch approximately. Also the valves are not in the top dead center. If someone can help me with the camshaft holder bolts torque setting and an advice about how to turn the left valve head to the TDC I really appreciate it. 

Javier. 

Afternoon  Javier

Check your private messages on this site as I just sent you a toque spec sheet. 

There are a few ways to turn that camshaft, you can temporarily bolt the chain sprocket back on then turn that,  or use some vise grips on the cam in the sprocket area with some pieces of brass between the vise grip jaws & the cam to protect it, or find a nut  (m10x1.25 thread) that fits the cam bolt then install the bolt (with nut as a lock nut) then use that bolt to turn the cam, or unbolt the cam carrier then turn the cam to where you need it then bolt the carrier back on. 

3 hours ago, dirtrider said:

Afternoon  Javier

Check your private messages on this site as I just sent you a toque spec sheet. 

There are a few ways to turn that camshaft, you can temporarily bolt the chain sprocket back on then turn that,  or use some vise grips on the cam in the sprocket area with some pieces of brass between the vise grip jaws & the cam to protect it, or find a nut  (m10x1.25 thread) that fits the cam bolt then install the bolt (with nut as a lock nut) then use that bolt to turn the cam, or unbolt the cam carrier then turn the cam to where you need it then bolt the carrier back on. 

Thank you, I think I will do the bolt option. Thank you a lot.