IGNORED

Aftermarket Source for Brake Rotors for R1150RT?

Claudio

I am sellling my R1150RT and need to replace the front rotors in order to pass the road safety inspection (they are below spec).  As the bike is not worth a new set of $500 rotors, I was looking for any experience with an after market source.

Anyone have a good recommendation on a reasonably priced source for them that is not miserable quality (not necessarily the best)?

szurszewski

I looked around for rotors for an R1100S recently - found that Beemer Boneyard had the best price for new rotors in stock in the USA. There are a number of sellers of new rotors on eBay out of the county - either in Europe or China - for less money.

A friend just ordered a set of rotors from Spain for a couple hundred - I think for an R1200RT - and he’s very happy with them. 

I was shopping at the beginning of the pandemic and decided I didn’t want to wait for delayed international shipping, so found a used set on eBay, so that’s an option as well. (I paid about $75 for both rotors, shipped, and they are like new.)

Edit to add:

quick search of eBay finds MANY options used starting around $50 - look for a set with good pics and where the seller has measured and posted the thickness. There are also new sets, from China, for $200 shipped. 

• Like 1

I found a pair selling on Amazon.com (from SBF in Turkey) for $135 plus $15 express shipping (https://www.amazon.com/SFS-Front-Brake-Rotor-R1150RT/dp/B07YVDKZVN/ref=pd_rhf_pe_p_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=7JG669P37KBF3GE9W3D0) .

I went with those (decent price, reasonable shipping, and supposed to arrive next week). I'll let everyone know what I think of the quality when they arrive.  

Thanks for the suggestions. Beemer Boneyard is a great source but they currently only have sets in/around the $300-$500 range and with the poor CDN dollar (add ~35%) thats too pricey for an older, for sale bike.

eBay would also be a good idea but none in Canada so the shipping was excessive on most of the items I found.

• Like 1