IGNORED

2021 1250RT changes?

kkm

15 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

Guessing I can swap out the horn on my '19 RT for those.  Hopefully, it is plug and play.  Won't know until it shows up on parts fiche or I see them in person.   I would be curious about the current draw and how it would affect the electrical set-up.

Unfortunately, it will not be possible to put two, the satellite of the main module will not cope with such a load and will give an error. One horn works fine, whatever you want.

On the RT 21, the satellite of the main module is programmed for two horn channels, as on gtl/gt. On rt 19, only one horn channel is active.

For additional horns/headlights/other useful devices, you can use HEX ezCAN.

• Like 1

I saw this review earlier. I haven't ridden it, but I might agree from seeing it. It's not made for tall folks and he isn't even tall. 

fourteenfour
On 4/18/2021 at 6:24 PM, Ponch said:

I saw this review earlier. I haven't ridden it, but I might agree from seeing it. It's not made for tall folks and he isn't even tall. 

I am cramped on my 2019 because I am shorter in inseam and I want to flat foot which means I need to lower the seat but the pegs are too high which cramps me up.

They really need to work on the packaging but mine won't be my problem shortly.

On 4/19/2021 at 5:04 PM, fourteenfour said:

I am cramped on my 2019 because I am shorter in inseam and I want to flat foot which means I need to lower the seat but the pegs are too high which cramps me up.

They really need to work on the packaging but mine won't be my problem shortly.

I have a different problem. 6'5 34" inseam. I had to put peg lowering kit and bar risers on my 2009 to make it work. It's it's worse than that, it's a non-starter. I wanted to like the bike and thought I would. Just didn't happen. 

I finally saw a 2021 RT in person at Asheville Eurosport during START.  It confirmed my opinion that the TFT display appears to have been just plopped onto the dash.  Integration into the dash would have enhanced the look of the motorcycle tremendously.    

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone! I want to share my opinion about the head light. I drove 200 miles in the rain at night. The new head light made me very happy. At an average speed of 70 mph, I was comfortable seeing the road. And maybe it seemed to me, but with increasing speed, the brightness of the headlight increases. At a temperature of 42F, I had to turn on only the hand heating.

• Like 1
fourteenfour

Well it would have been nice to see how it lit the road when curves were involved and light from other vehicles was not filling the scene

5 hours ago, fourteenfour said:

Well it would have been nice to see how it lit the road when curves were involved and light from other vehicles was not filling the scene

I will definitely show you how the opportunity will appear.

5 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

Midnight ride?

Yes, it was a hard road. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings to the owners of RT ' 21. There was a problem on a small run. 2,130 miles. Windscreen backlash. Presented to the dealer under warranty, waiting for a response. The glass mounting material is very soft compared to the earlier model.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, PODMAN said:

Quick question. Will the GS-911 work on the new RT?

Morning  PODMAN

Depends on the GS-0911, the old yellow (10 pin) won't work, the newer red OBD II version will work. 

On 7/30/2021 at 11:00 AM, PODMAN said:

Quick question. Will the GS-911 work on the new RT?

Partially, the software is not fully compatible yet. You get a "unknown module" error with things like the TFT and alarm (in my case) and won't do a full scan either, but you can access various sections from the left menu. Hexcode is working on it as we speak.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally got some miles on mine and will be doing 2500 mile trip starting friday then another 2-2500 mile trip in 2 weeks. Flat out the bike is impressive. Very happy I got it. Overall the bike is smoother, quicker, shifts smoother, handles great, is well balanced, comfortable. Love the TFT.

• Like 1
On 8/16/2021 at 2:57 AM, fourteenfour said:

Quick question, I read that the windscreen has changed but are the seats the same between 19-22?

Same seat.