IGNORED

Change Oil?

Dean123

Quick question: I have an '04 RT with about 4000 miles on it. I changed the oil about 600 miles and 8 months ago, but... the bike has hardly been ridden during the past 8 months. I am going to go on a 1800 mile trip in two weeks. Should I do another oil change because of the length of time since the prior one? Thanks. Dean

Okay, I get it. I will "go on the trip." I am looking forward to taking a big loop in the southwest and stopping and diners and eating burgers and pie! Thanks. Dean

ShovelStrokeEd

Gotta hit Pie Town, NM on the loop. Nice road leading into it, from either direction.

Gotta hit Pie Town, NM on the loop. Nice road leading into it, from either direction.

Yes, right on Ed....and don't forget Quemado on the same road.....a three-legged dog used to chase me on my Triumph TR6 as I rode through on my way to and from Arizona....

As for oil change, remember, your BMW may use some oil due to the low mileage you have on the bike so, watch oil levels carefully. A change is likely not necessary at this time.

Safe ride....I wish I was going along with you.

Thanks again. I am leaving with 2 buddies Monday a.m the 15th, returning Friday p.m. Departing Los Angeles on the "big loop." I think I will post on Discussion forum for suggestions. I am already thinking of hitting Torrey and Monument Valley. Too bad we can get off work to time the trip to coincide with Torrey rally. Dean

Archived