IGNORED

Kaoko Throttle control

Crazy_Canuck

Crazy_Canuck

Does anyone have experience with the Kaoko throttle control\lock on a F650GS?

I am looking into some sort of throttle control\lock and came across this product. I also found another Trottle lock by THROTTLEMEISTER but it looks harder to adjust (nothing to grab onto).

Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks Rob

Not on an F650, but on an 1150GS. I like it. Just used it A LOT last weekend on a trip to Death Valley. Easy to activate/deactivate, and keeps throttle where you want it (although always allows deceleration when wanted/needed). Works great, even with handguards.

I like the large wheel on this unit. On the RT with my Throttlemeister, I tend to activate it inadvertantly as my hand wanders over it. With the Kaoko you always know where the grip ends and the Kaoko starts.

Tom

RichEdwards

I have Kaokos on my R1200GS and my R1150RT. They work very well. I replaced the Throttlemeister on the RT because of my experience with the Kaoko.

hcmiller92

Ditto the experience of others with the Kaoko. I put it on my RT a couple of weeks ago and it works beautifully. It gives very fine control and is easy to work with big thick gloves on. The throttlemeister appears to be even better engineered and you get two beautiful new bar ends instead of one but I can't understand how you'd get fine control over the slippery metal device with big gloved hands. The big knurled knob of the Kaoko prevents that possibility.

Curt

I use the Kaoko on my R1150R. I really like it, too. It is a well made product, and it does what it is designed to do. It is easy to activate and de-activate. It looks virtually stock, too. Also, you don't need another bar end because the weight of the Kaoko matches the weight of the left bar end. Finally, it is compatible with the GS type hand guards.

I am a satisfied customer of this product.

(I have no connection to them)

Crazy_Canuck

I appreciate all your input thus far. It seems the F650GS throttle control is very different from the other bikes. I attached the picture of the throttle control for the F650.

678906-f650gs-hg.jpg.e774322ae08aa0949904e7d823d9bb59.jpg

Crazy_Canuck

How do you get the picture to show up in the body of the message instead of it as an attachment?

OOPs Never mind...I looked it up in the FAQ...I have it figured out now. By the looks of it I think I got it.

f650gs-hg.jpg

JeffeVerde

Tom-

would you put the Kaoko on an RT? I have a Throttlemeister, but I've got the opposite problem that you describe -- I find it difficult to engage the lock because the TM is smooth. Looking at the Kaoko, it looks like the big toothed wheel would be easy to turn with your pinky/ring fingers, while holding the throttle with thumb and index/middle fingers

hcmiller92
Tom-

would you put the Kaoko on an RT? I have a Throttlemeister, but I've got the opposite problem that you describe -- I find it difficult to engage the lock because the TM is smooth. Looking at the Kaoko, it looks like the big toothed wheel would be easy to turn with your pinky/ring fingers, while holding the throttle with thumb and index/middle fingers

I have the Kaoko on my RT and love it because of the big knurled handle being so easy to operate with gloves on. I think the TM is more refined with all its brass and stainless - and the Kaoko cruder from that perspective - but operationally, the Kaoko is a winner.

Curt

Hmmmmm ... as always, YMMV. I've got a Throttlemeister on my RT and it works just fine. Easy to set, easy to release. No serious problems, ever. Only issue is that in cold weather (i.e. below freezing) when running grip heaters on "high" for longer periods (>1 hr. or so), the grip expands so that the throttle gets a little tight until the unit is disengaged.

Archived