IGNORED

Schuberth C3 lite Helmet

Skywagon

Im looking for a lighter helmet.  Anyone have the C3 lite??  Likes and dislikes...  I watched a Revzilla video on the helmet and they had 3 things they didn't care for.  They said it is a little loud, no exhaust vent for heat, and the liner is all connected to the neck liner so a pain.  Real experience appreciated.

I tried the AGV Carbon on (pre Covid), but I didn't care for the fit.  I've been in Shoei modular(s) for about 20 years now.  I like them fine but on long mult-day rides I notice the weight.

Revzilla has the AGV Carbon on sale but don’t have a clue how I can trial fit one these days. Little over 3 pounds is huge reduction from my regular C3 so I’m definitely following but specifically interested in your specific comments on the AGV.  

Jim....I tried on the AGV carbon a couple months back at CycleGear and wore it around the store a bit.  I describe it as short.  It didn't come down as far on my head as my Shoei NeoTec or other helmets.  It felt like it stopped on the vertical axis short of where I am used to feeling a helmet on my neck.  It was quite noticeable to me.  It might be alright for some but I just didn't like the extra openness I felt. 

• 1 month later...

I used to wear Shoei RF, but switched to Schuberth because I wanted modular and they were simply cheaper than the Neotec. When I was in Europe last year I stuck a Neotec on my head out of curiousity (as I said, I needed one Now, since I was paying full boat, the Neotec was in play again). I liked it fine, but it felt as though the chin guard was right in my face, by comparison. The Schuberth, on the other hand, feels a little.. clunky by comparison. I'd be surprised if someone told me the Schuberth was lighter. Fit-wise I'd say you'll find the differences minor, otherwise. I wasn't willing to spend another EUR50 to get the Neotec, if that says anything.

$0.02. Helmets are hard without sticking your noggin in one and that just became mighty difficult for any shop to be allowing now, I imagine.

I have a Klim modular and it's GRRRRRRRT       I have Arai  and a Shoei Neotec and the Klim is a good bit lighter and quieter.  You might take a look at it.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had several Schuberth helmets. C3, C3Pro and C4.

Best of these for fit, comfort and noise is the C3Pro. I own 2 C3Pro helmets. I hear the C4Pro is much better than the C4. I hope so. I wore my C4 for a very short time and put it away for good. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

lotta people did that with the C4. Went into a Louis (think revzilla on steroids) in Germany a couple years ago, saw a handful of C4s on sale, thought "ooh what a steal!" - and the sales person basically said "yeah, no one is buying them, it fits funny, don't buy it". I might buy a C4 pro/lite. Decent prices for 'em shipped in from Europe. But my C3 has another year on it probably..

On 7/16/2020 at 10:05 PM, bacos said:

lotta people did that with the C4. Went into a Louis (think revzilla on steroids) in Germany a couple years ago, saw a handful of C4s on sale, thought "ooh what a steal!" - and the sales person basically said "yeah, no one is buying them, it fits funny, don't buy it". I might buy a C4 pro/lite. Decent prices for 'em shipped in from Europe. But my C3 has another year on it probably..

Yup, I was one of those guys. Got suckered into it thinking the next level helmet was better than the previous. A costly mistake. Shame on Scuberth.