IGNORED

Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) - Sept 16-20 Newport, TN

Indy Dave

Thanks to the organizers for a great time.

I got the bike back home safely. We'll see tomorrow how much a clutch repair is going to set me back. I watched a few videos, no chance I'll attempt that job.

Thanks to Steve Foote for the rescue somewhere on the N KY 139 route and thanks to my wife Christine for bringing the truck up.

Really bummed I didn't get to finish that route, but enjoyed a trip to the "Lost Sea" tourist trap in Sweetwater, which turned out to be much cooler than we all expected.  

Should I pay for a clutch repair or just add another 0 and get new(er) bike????? We shall see.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, StretchMark said:

Should I pay for a clutch repair or just add another 0 and get new(er) bike?????

+1 for the new bike option!  Sorry to hear about your mechanical issues.  News to me.  Glad you had help to get home.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Kenikki said:

Below is a link to the photos I took and a few videos

Great photos Nikki!  I think the best one -- other than Ruger -- is Joel and Lowndes doing the man hug.

• Like 4

IMG_4507.thumb.jpg.8ea6d67953df6a399963a1e31d15d4db.jpg

I've uploaded most of Nikki's images to a FART 2020 gallery - feel free to post your photos there as well:

• Like 2

Whoever is responsible for putting 16 miles of interstate in the GS -123 route,..

SnugggieJesus forgives your sins after a visit to Paint Creek Park.

Great routes, great riding.  Sorry I didn't get to the hotel for much visiting.

00F01D61-79C9-4752-B68A-D8483BFFB6C0.jpeg

9DC79BB0-ECBC-47ED-A2E9-CF21E3613237.jpeg

7167E5C2-DFAA-471E-8AF7-D73A0D53BB38.jpeg

D05C2AB5-DD93-410B-9EC9-411C28B243EA.jpeg

70F12F76-6AB1-48D8-AB99-C80291B7C446.jpeg

3F0FD17E-834E-48F1-9319-5C05580C9A64.jpeg

CEF33D3A-2D82-4C08-9665-EE1A9359EA14.jpeg

31AC10E6-484D-4341-BC15-525F8F4E0845.jpeg

6D00C731-9135-4067-8588-C6CE987C0BED.jpeg

• Like 6

Hard to match the photos that Nikki, Dave and others posted but here are a few: Brushy Mtn State Penitentiary, and the Warden's Table (not likely where James Earl Ray got to eat) (1 stock photo of the main building since mine was blurry); Lynch, KY on the northern route, across from the lunch stop, and a unique mileage shot I was able to capture in King's Mountain State Park, SC on the way home Sunday.

20200918_112829_resized (002).jpg

20200918_113352_resized (002).jpg

20200919_113717_resized (002).jpg

20200919_113725_resized (002).jpg

20200919_113744_resized (002).jpg

mileage.jpg

Brushy_Mountain_State_Prison.jpg

• Like 7
3 hours ago, StretchMark said:

Thanks to the organizers for a great time.

I got the bike back home safely. We'll see tomorrow how much a clutch repair is going to set me back. I watched a few videos, no chance I'll attempt that job.

Thanks to Steve Foote for the rescue somewhere on the N KY 139 route and thanks to my wife Christine for bringing the truck up.

Really bummed I didn't get to finish that route, but enjoyed a trip to the "Lost Sea" tourist trap in Sweetwater, which turned out to be much cooler than we all expected.  

Should I pay for a clutch repair or just add another 0 and get new(er) bike????? We shall see.

It is definitely time for something shiny, new, and water cooled. AND...  I'm one of several ear witnesses, you already got permission...😁

• Like 5

Great job Indy Dave and crew, I appreciate all your hard work to make the event a great pleasure. What a joy to hang out with friends. Moving memorials for Mr. Zoom and Ken punctuated how much this riding community means to us. Nikki, thank you for the wonderful pictures! I'm thinking if we have a professional photographer at our events we also need professional make  up too!  :)

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Slumgullion said:

Great job Indy Dave and crew, I appreciate all your hard work to make the event a great pleasure. What a joy to hang out with friends. Moving memorials for Mr. Zoom and Ken punctuated how much this riding community means to us. Nikki, thank you for the wonderful pictures! I'm thinking if we have a professional photographer at our events we also need professional make  up too!  :)

Do you think make up will help?

• Haha 2
On 9/21/2020 at 4:35 PM, RandyShields said:

+1 for the new bike option!  Sorry to hear about your mechanical issues.  News to me.  Glad you had help to get home.

Ugh...Hourglass Cycles near me permanently closed and at Wooly's (the old BMW Atlanta) the first available service appointment is November 17th. Guess I'll test ride for a couple months. 

Thanks to all for a really great time. I had to leave on Saturday to make another vacation appointment with my wife and I just got back. 

First a special thanks to all the organizers, I have been a participant to many forums and groups before and this one is first rate, very well organized and really well planned.  You guys and gals are hard core for sure ( as I like it). Great pictures from Nikki and others too so thanks for sharing those, I've downloaded many already.

Also a special thanks to Bama John for some great riding especially through the Dragon. 

And another special thanks to Indy Dave for turning that annoying service light reminder off, you don't know how that bothered me. 

It really was great meeting all of you and as you will see I will be a regular to many of these rides in the future. See you all at SMART or whatever else is planned here.

Ed

• Like 7
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks again one and all for another great gathering of riders and storytellers. It's almost time to announce details for START  :4322:

During the meanwhile, Yours Truly is presently busy scouting roads and future locations . . . . [Don't forget to turn up the video resolution by clicking the gear in the lower right corner of the video]

• Like 2

...and what a dirty job that is!  Looks like a good road...and thanks Dave!   

I'm leading a "Miata's at the Smokies" drive Oct 26-28 with 5 Miatas and 8 people.....more good times!

• Like 1
On 10/12/2020 at 11:45 PM, Indy Dave said:

Thanks again one and all for another great gathering of riders and storytellers. It's almost time to announce details for START  :4322:

During the meanwhile, Yours Truly is presently busy scouting roads and future locations . . . . [Don't forget to turn up the video resolution by clicking the gear in the lower right corner of the video]

Taking one for the team again!

• Like 1

Just a word about START 2021 - the host hotel asked us to wait until Nov [after leaf peeping] to announce details.

• Like 3
  • Indy Dave unpinned this topic
  • Dennis Andress unfeatured this topic