Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) - Sept 16-20 Newport, TN

Indy Dave

Chris/Burt, sorry to hear you can't make it.  Hopefully you will stay dry; it looks like Tropical Storm Sally will be turning into a hurricane, then spinning right up over top of the FART riding area.  Current forecast has rain from Wed night through Friday morning.  Hopefully it won't stall out.  Better yet, maybe it swings west and leaves us alone.  Anyway, for those heading in, don't forget your rain gear!

• Like 2

Stay tuned folks, you can read all about it on the forum.  Hope to see you in January  OCTOBER (lunch,) Chris; hope to see you at START, Burt.

Cheers,

EDIT:  I meant October for SECFF lunch.  January??  WTH?   I guess I am subconsciously trying to get 2020 over with.   Sheesh.  :ohboy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looks like LA (Lower Alabama) is going to catch heck. I'm thinking this might scoot under us!  Tomorrow  morning  I am going to head up and reverse the Bushy State Pen route. I might catch a bite at the Wardens table if I get though after they open.

Alan

• Like 1

SCHEDULE CHANGE!

Mr. Zoom's last ride has been moved to 4pm today (Thursday). While it may still be drizzling this afternoon, the rain should be lighter and we'll have the advantage of full daylight. The ride is very short and the a gathering at the Foothills Parkway will be brief. Please join  us and Mr Zoom's family for this brief tribute. We'll meet up in the parking area beside the pool.

SCHEDULE CHANGE V. 2

• Mr. Zoom's Last Ride will be at 7:30 tomorrow morning, gather in the side lot near the pool and by the hotel lobby.
  • Endobob's Pizza will be held in the breakfast room next to the lobby at 6:30. BYOB. Cost will be announced at the time.
  • Maps are in the conference room, as is the sign in sheet.

Thank you all for being flexible and understanding!

Tales from the road (Wednesday)

**Remember to click the gear in the lower right of the video when the video starts and crank up the resolution  to 1440**

• Like 5

Thank you for all those that were able to participate in Rich Elarde's (Mr. Zoom's) last ride!   I am very disappointed that I could not attend this years FART and  be a part of this tribute to him.  I had the pleasure of riding and sharing many meals with Rich over 15+ years of meeting up with him at BMWST events..

• Like 6

Thanks so much for an enjoyable evening.  It makes me appreciate our friends who are no longer with us.  Paul Winter introduced me to Ken and let me ride with them on a fast technical.  Learning is always fun.

• Like 1
On 2/25/2019 at 7:09 PM, mrzoom said:

Eva, our GSD 3 yrs old.P1040345.jpg.66172e578b721220ba7f4a26f07f90d8.jpgP1040352.jpg.b521a583cfeba0b0426eedae8bb2a158.jpg

Chiba, our 10 yr old Grand Dog. Staying with us for a few months. Boxer Lab mix.

P1040354.jpg.c9bec667cce7cf57026104c874d35880.jpg

Rich was pretty proud of his pups, glad they could make the ride! :thumbsup:

• Like 3

I was planning on stopping by this morning to say bye to everyone; but Ruger and I are going to hot foot it on I-40 to the end and then on to Kure Beach.  Til next time.

• Like 4

Here's a quick video of a run up into Hot Springs. These are all shot in HiDef - so if you video is shows blurry - increase the screen resolution by clicking on the gear in the lower right corner of the video box.

Edited by Indy Dave
  • Like 10

Good morning,

Great to see everyone. Fabulous few days but rather emotional at times so a special thank you to you all for your care and kindness. Below is a link to the photos I took and a few videos (found at the end). Please download the gallery or images that you want as soon as you're able. I'll have the link up for about a week but will then have to delete at some point as I have limited space on my Dropbox.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3yad3nkbjldap0s/AABkYUKXmhtCL0dNyxnh3SyAa?dl=0

Big hugs, take care and hope to see you all again in the not too distant future

Nikki

• Like 5
  • Indy Dave unpinned this topic