IGNORED

Kinsley Rememberance Ride & Gathering

Wow. What a turn out! Speaks volumes! Ken's reach was was transcendent and genuine. He impacted all of us in his own unique way; all the while promoting and expanding the motorcycle community. 

20200627_145941.thumb.jpg.3bed2ebe2f04c4f22d9fa24066b917fc.jpg

20200627_084315.thumb.jpg.870ad399742de31e3823c9c0c3770dc0.jpg

• Like 11

This was a very nice send off. Ken died doing what he liked best. True immortality is truly in the memories of others. We should all be so lucky.

It started raining about 2 miles from home. Fortunately, it wasn't a frog-strangler storm such as we have experienced many days of this past week.

• Like 2
On 6/26/2020 at 5:08 PM, John Ranalletta said:

As we waiting in line, cars were crashing behind us as the end of the southbound line we occupied was just around a fast sweeper.  No telling how many crashes happened after we got thru.

So glad you and Ruth escaped the chaos safely!  jb

Thank you from the bottom of my heart to you all for making Ken's remembrance ride and gathering such a success and magical event - thank you for your kindness to me and the comfort provided by so many - and last but not least sincere thanks go to Craig for all his hard work and efforts in coordinating it all. An amazing turnout - testament to the unique and special person that Ken was - the passion  with which he rode, his commitment to the board and his love of this very special group of people.  A few images from our ride below. Video of the gathering and other images to follow once I receive it all from Stephanie.

Many grateful thanks and loads of love

Nikki 

IMG_1202 copy.jpg

IMG_1204 copy.jpg

IMG_1205 copy.jpg

IMG_1221 copy.jpg

IMG_1208 copy.jpg

IMG_1209 copy.jpg

IMG_1210 copy.jpg

IMG_1211 copy.jpg

IMG_1212 copy.jpg

IMG_1213 copy.jpg

IMG_1214 copy.jpg

IMG_1215 copy.jpg

IMG_1232 copy.jpg

IMG_1233 copy.jpg

IMG_1217 copy.jpg

• Like 14

I've created a album for photos for this event. Please double post in the thread and also in the gallery  (a software issue)/ The gallery will make all the photos easily available and images stored there download at higher quality vs downloading photos from the thread.

THANKS!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Thanks to all who came and contributed to the spirit of the occasion.  Thanks to all who were contributing their thoughts though socially distant or unable to attend.  It's quite evident Ken will not be forgotten, though he is and will continue to be sorely missed. 

• Like 10
  • 2 weeks later...

Friends of Ken Insley (Kinsley) from far and wide gathered on June 27, 2020 to share stories, remember and celebrate Ken. The day started out with twisty, back road riding with all roads leading to a scenic overlook on the Richard B Russell Parkway. Here's the video from the gathering on the Parkway.

Also - I'm in the midst of compiling a collective video featuring photos from that weekend - so if you have photos to share, please do so - in the gallery. [https://www.bmwsporttouring.com/gallery/album/52-ken-insley-kinsley-memorial-gathering-june-27-2020/ ]

Edited by Indy Dave
Corrected punctuation typo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Twisties unpinned this topic