IGNORED

????????Garmin 2720 or Quest 2?????????

94aero

I had a chance to try both and went with the Quest 2 for the following reasons:

- Pre-loaded with all of North America (I didn't want to be bothered with loading maps and carrying memory cards).

- Still allows trip planning and POI loading with MapSource software (although not included, Garmin will send it free or for Shipping & Handling).

- Small size but still good screen (not as good as the larger unit).

- Small size means more mounting options with less obstruction of instrumentation/controls.

- Long battery life for off-bike use (handy to plan trips when lying in the tent in the evening).

I purchased a Quest motorcycle mount. It comes with the mount, and a power cable (you only need to connect the power + and ground - wires) The cable also has a audio out cable with a standard headphone jack. That's where you plug in your head set. Found one at gpscity.com. I only used the quick mount not the adapter. I used Velcro to attach it to the shelf on my R1100RT. I'm ridding to S.C. tonight and will not be able to reply to any post for few days.

I believe the 2720 has the maps pre-loaded as well.

I had a chance to try both and went with the Quest 2 for the following reasons:

- Pre-loaded with all of North America (I didn't want to be bothered with loading maps and carrying memory cards).

-

MooreDriven

I purchased the Quest 2 and love it. I can't comment on the 2720. I take the Quest with me on business trips as well. Very nice. My only complaint, the buttons are a little small.

Pretty big difference in these units. Consider how you want to use the GPS and the features you really want/need (big screen, small and portable, touchscreen, battery use, etc.). Then you'll know which unit to buy...

Greg

Archived