IGNORED

Antenna mount for RT

90RedRider

90RedRider

I am looking for a rear mount CB antenna mount for my RT. Has anyone got a source for this. The mount kit that came with my CB is little use to me. I hate to drill my front fairing. Someone from this site had said one of our members, a Toolman had made them in the past, but I had no luck contacting him. Any other suggestions. Thanking you, Sid

dan_forker

I got an antenna and mount from Sierra Electronics (not Sierra BMW) who specialize is electronics for motorcycles. Actually, I purchased a J&M handlebar mount remote CB with intercom and the antenna and mount. The mount is just a straight chrome bar that I placed under the tail wing and attached with some of the hardware from the GIVI mount kit for the top case. Works great. Looks like it was factory, and the folks at Sierra are the most helpful people I've ever dealt with. They can be contacted at www.sierra-mc.com and you can get their phone number off the site. If you ask for technical help one of their tech people will spend as much time as you want discussing solutions with you. They even had me return a J&M adaptor to tie in the radio to the intercom and had me order an Autocom part because their experience was that the Autocom part worked better to eliminate noise. They handle J&M but don't handle Autocom. Great folks. Their web site also has a great catalogue of parts so you may find what you want w/o help.

Dan Forker

I've got a couple of ToolMan's antenna mounts at our store. PM me if you're interested and I'll give you the phone number so you can order them. I've even got some Wilson Silver Load CB antennas.

MooreDriven

Dan,

Can you post a picture of your bike with the antenna? I was thinking of adding one as well.

Thanks,

Dale

waverider

I'm in the same boat.. looking for good ideas for the R12RT in this case though. Ideas? someone already solve it? Thanks

Knighthawk
I'm in the same boat.. looking for good ideas for the R12RT in this case though. Ideas? someone already solve it? Thanks

The Secret CB Antenna is a pretty neat fix. I have no experience with it, but I believe there are a couple of people on the board that use it.

Archived