IGNORED

LD Comfort Riding Shorts

TEWKS

Kind of old news around here but seeing some new names on the board lately, maybe some interest to them. :dontknow: 

BTW, don't be frightened by Mario, AFAIK, he keeps no Kool-Aid in store or is it shipped with purchase. :4315:They work. :thumbsup:

I don't sport that all to well, cover that shit up!! :rofl:  If ya happen to come across a bargain on them. :thumbsup: Preferably new. :grin:

8 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

I don't sport that all to well, cover that shit up!! :rofl:  If ya happen to come across a bargain on them. :thumbsup: Preferably new. :grin:

I've yet to find a new set listed, only used,......they do come in female variety, you might want to get yourself in a pair of those......I've found it most comfy.

• Haha 1

Mario is a HOOT!   He was truly entertainment at the Des Moines RallY!   I love his stuff and the only riding shorts I wear. 

• Like 1
szurszewski

I'm continually too poor to buy them at retail, but a few years ago or so I picked up four pair for something like fifteen bucks; a couple of them were brand new...I think ;)

In any case, they're still going strong, but when I decide to retire them I'll post up an ad in the classifieds here. 

• Haha 1

Helmets and underwear are the two things I woudn't buy used. ;)  Toothbrushes, I won't buy a used toothbrush either. :grin:

• Like 2
1 hour ago, szurszewski said:

I'm continually too poor to buy them at retail, but a few years ago or so I picked up four pair for something like fifteen bucks; a couple of them were brand new...I think ;)

In any case, they're still going strong, but when I decide to retire them I'll post up an ad in the classifieds here. 

If you consider that the LD Comforts last nearly forever the cost is very reasonable.  I have 4 pair now and one is my first pari that is over 10 years old.

• Like 1
szurszewski
4 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Helmets and underwear are the two things I woudn't buy used. ;)  Toothbrushes, I won't buy a used toothbrush either. :grin:

I don’t buy used helmets either. And I don’t buy toothbrushes at all - every place I’ve ever lived seems to have a drawer that somehow generates them. 

• Haha 2

I bought a pair of the shorts over a dozen years ago.  They still work great.  Probably the second best piece of riding equipment I ever purchased in my life.  Haven't tried any other of his products.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, taylor1 said:

I didn't think people still wear underwear :4907:

Must be a NC thing...13 ^ :grin:

We figured out that it helps eliminate skid marks 
Probably to much info , but my wife says when I leave skid marks , I really slam on the brakes :grin:

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, TEWKS said:

They also eliminate chafing on long walks. :eek: That's an advantage in reducing skid marks. :grin:

Not at all. Try wearing something a wee bit looser

active duty long walks are about 25 miles in eight hours. No undies, it’s a useless garment.       

RandyShields

Undies are like socks.  They are not worn to protect the body, but the outer garment (undies) or shoes (socks).

Nice if they feel good, though.

• 2 weeks later...

Just received this email from LD Comfort folks:

28d1e446-3ca5-4c18-ade7-5745e036bd06.jpg

Greetings Friends,

Until now LDComfort has never sent an email to our customers other than to process orders. Things have changed for LDComfort and our valued customers deserve to know the latest news for our company and the products you have learned to appreciate. We have made the decision to switch our manufacturing to produce protective face masks for hospitals and first responders. Our sister product line, called Grays Harbor Unders, is handling the distribution of our unique personal protection face masks. Made from the same quality fabrics that have served our friends and fellow riders for over 20 years our current products include what every citizen in the USA should own and wear. Rest assured our focus will return to providing you with the finest base layers on the market when we can return to our regular product lines.

Please see the details of what LDComfort and Grays Harbor Unders are producing in the information provided below. It is my hope we can all stay safe and protect each other as we protect ourselves. Thank you for your continued support.

My best regards,

Mario Winkelman

President of LDComfort

Grays Harbor Unders.

• Like 1

I'd be interested in knowing what size particles (don't go there:4323:) the LD Comfort masks filter.  A home made mask made of two layers of cotton of the quality of a quality tee shirt is supposed to filter to 3 microns.  Of course the virus is 1 micron, but i'm not going to wear an N95 around all the time because 1 they're hard to find and 2 there's a lot of people more in harms way than me that need N95.  My riding LD shorts breath and wick so well, I'm worried the masks might look and feel great, but filtering might not be so.  I visited the LD site and did not find any filtration claims.  Waddya think.

RandyShields
2 minutes ago, Red said:

Waddya think.

Good questions to get answers to before spending what they will likely charge for these.  But they look nice.

realshelby

In my opinion, when I wear masks during public outings, is that their main goal is to keep ME from touching my mouth and nose. I wear safety glasses to keep me from rubbing my eyes. So even if they don't filter out the virus, they may do a job just as important in not allowing me to touch the areas that any virus finds easy access into you. 

• Like 1
Bill_Walker
On 5/10/2020 at 6:35 AM, realshelby said:

In my opinion, when I wear masks during public outings, is that their main goal is to keep ME from touching my mouth and nose. I wear safety glasses to keep me from rubbing my eyes. So even if they don't filter out the virus, they may do a job just as important in not allowing me to touch the areas that any virus finds easy access into you. 

Although keeping you from touching your face is certainly a benefit, the main point of wearing a mask when you go out is to contain droplets that YOU expel, i.e., to protect other people from you.

• Like 1

So then, the perfect test is to place your LD Comforts over your head, snort some black pepper while holding a mirror to your face.  If you blow a bunch of snot through the shorts, it's a fail.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Red said:

So then, the perfect test is to place your LD Comforts over your head, snort some black pepper while holding a mirror to your face.  If you blow a bunch of snot through the shorts, it's a fail.

Let us know how that test works .... but no pictures please :3:

6 hours ago, Red said:

Science!