IGNORED

Orange low beam headlamps

Mike05

While reading the post(s) regarding yellow beam lamps a member (Miriam) from Amsterdam, the Netherlands mentioned a new bulb manufactured by Philips designed especially for the purpose of increased motorcycle visability. Miriam actually referred to two new Philips bulbs: the MotoVision (40% more white light claimed w/ orange glow in headlights) and the Vision Plus [/color] (50% more white light claimed).

I don't know how true their claims are but I looked them up at New Philips headlight bulbs (bottom of page and there they are! (thanks Miriam)!!

Now, after all that, I realize Idon't know if orange-glow headlights are even legal in the continential U.S.

Anyone out there know the answer??

...I realize Idon't know if orange-glow headlights are even legal in the continential U.S.

Anyone out there know the answer??

I just don't get it. If different colored lights would make us more visible and can therefore safer, why would they be illegal? confused.gif

R4ND0M_AX3

because the vehicle may not allow them. strobe lights might help to but those aren't allowed. Flashing red and blues might be fun.

Yeah...I heard when you use flashing red and blue ones people actually pull out of the way...

But seriously - why not a yellow headlight? Anyone?

Don't be wimps taken over by the rest of the world. If they are legal in Europe where all is regulated then they are usable here. Modulating lights are not allowed in Europe as far as I know.

Yellow lights are ok so yellowish ones are too. French obviously gave up the yellow ones so we can take em over.

MHO

The

Archived