IGNORED

****Date Change for Spring Torrey****

June 4-7th.

To make it easier for people to attend this years Spring Torrey the dates have been changed.

If some of you want to keep the original dates I would be happy to join you and go to both events. 

The ChuckWagon is in the process of moving our reservation to the new days.

Give them a couple days and call em to check on your new room numbers.

If anyone wants to add Torrey to their riding schedule please call and make a reservation, we would love to see you.

Edited by Whip
  • Like 3

Check your email if you had a room booked for the original dates. I received an updated room reservation conservation email from the Chuckwagon with the new June dates. If work releases me, I’ll be there. 

Just a reminder, if you know the new dates don’t work for you or you’re worried about traveling and know you’re not going, please let the Chuckwagon know to cancel your reservation and don’t wait until the last minute. They shuffled things around to accommodate our still trying to have an event.

Looking forward to seeing you all, I’ll bring the rectal thermometer. :revit:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, graydude said:

Got the last room!  Really looking forward to it.  Havasu Dave and I will arrive Friday

Cool!:18:

• Like 1
szurszewski
1 hour ago, RT Russ said:

Hmmmm, considering this. Been MANY years since I've been to Torrey. Anybody need a roommate?

I’d like to go but haven’t booked - a full room isn’t in the budget, but I could swing half a room...

If you’re serious, let me know :)

If a bloke decided to ride in would there be a rectangular place to drop a sleeping bag?  I need to mount new tires before departing to make this happen.

szurszewski

There were a couple of camping options in town when I looked in the fall - don’t know about currently. I did see that last week the red sands motel had double queen rooms for $74 a night...

chrisolson
2 hours ago, graydude said:

Anyone know the dining options?  What’s open? Palin?

Utah opened up dine in restaurants .... The Rim Rock and Patio are open (according to their web site which is seems to be up to date ) so I would suspect ... but don't know for sure ... that most everything else is also available.  The caveat is there are State distancing and PPE guidelines that restaurants should follow, so it depends on each business.  But I'd also suspect that most would do whatever it takes to get back open.

If Bob doesn't respond, probably a quick call to the Chuckwagon to ask that question would be best unless there is someone else who can post first hand knowledge ... :5146:

Bill_Walker
14 hours ago, chrisolson said:

The caveat is there are State distancing and PPE guidelines that restaurants should follow, so it depends on each business.

Reports I've seen from Bob and another local I know are that pretty much nobody is observing social distancing or wearing masks (in particular in the grocery store in Loa.  Restaurants haven't been mentioned), and there are LOTS of tourists about.

chrisolson
2 hours ago, Bill_Walker said:

Reports I've seen from Bob and another local I know are that pretty much nobody is observing social distancing or wearing masks (in particular in the grocery store in Loa.  Restaurants haven't been mentioned), and there are LOTS of tourists about.

Somehow not surprising .... Sorry to say I'm out ... and have moved my reservation to the Fall.  Maybe we'll have a better understanding of how this all plays out by then.  :16:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, graydude said:

Good to hear. I didn’t know if I had to pack a weeks worth of jerky and trail mix. 

Since you postponed the Un rather than relocate it to Barstow,  like I would have done, I still have a supply of tasty vittles I can share.

cat.png

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, eddd said:

Since you postponed the Un rather than relocate it to Barstow,  like I would have done, I still have a supply of tasty vittles I can share.

cat.png

Dang, I looked up the nutrition information. They're not gluten free, so I'm out.

Nutritional Info

Ingredients

Water Sufficient For Processing, Ocean Fish, Chicken, Wheat Gluten

• Like 2

Days off are approved from work finally so I'm confirmed for IN.  I absolutely need this trip after the 12 hour shifts and modified work days and assignment.  Will be nice to ride again!  Can't wait to see you all there, beef jerky parking lot meal or not!  And if anyone has a connection with Benny from Barstow, invite him too.  I heard he really knows how to party!

• Like 3
RandyShields
15 hours ago, BrianT said:

Days off are approved from work finally so I'm confirmed for IN.  I absolutely need this trip after the 12 hour shifts and modified work days and assignment.  Will be nice to ride again!  Can't wait to see you all there, beef jerky parking lot meal or not!  And if anyone has a connection with Benny from Barstow, invite him too.  I heard he really knows how to party!

I won't be able to make it to Utah in June, so you might avoid having to shuttle a K1600 tire on the back of your bike this trip!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 5/20/2020 at 12:49 PM, Bill_Walker said:

I don't know the situation at the Rim Rock, I have no intention of eating out until this is over, probably needs to be a vaccine first. As I have told Whip I do not believe this event should be happening and I will not be participating. Please do not come to my house.

• Like 2
RandyShields

Bob, I won't be attending, and certainly understand and respect your point of view, but have to say that the "Please do not come to my house" really tickled my funny bone.  Serious or not, I am still chuckling.  Stay safe!

Randy Shields

Okay, Susan and I just cancelled.  Our state stay at home order now extends to June 20th.  Additionally, I torqued my thumb enough that the surgeon isn't sure if I tore tendons or not.  Oh joy.  Why does Bruce (Caitlyn) Jenner hate us so much?  (No one has seen her/him and Governor Whitmer at the same time.)

• Haha 1

I went to Torrey today, and cancelled my reservation.  So if anyone is looking for a room ... call them.

They are supposed to call people on a list, but Michelle did that, and I don't believe the kid now in charge there would know that.

The store was open with a bunch of nonsense signs that I didn't bother to read.  One of the seating booths in the back was taped off, but 3 were open. 

Weather was fair, clear and mostly sunny but cool, 52 to 62 degrees all the way.  But that may change by next weekend.

There were a few people in the store wearing masks. 

State wide almost all places were open all along, but with take out only, now with limited seating.

Law enforcement was out in most of the usual places, and several were turning on their lights for every car they saw.  Just on and off.  As they drove.  I never saw that before.

dc

Dennis Andress

I can't remember the last time Laney and I went to Torey. We both really want to see our old friends! But we're still unpacking and trying to find a place for everything. We won't be able to find critter care in time either. So we're thinking day trip here - It's only three hours or so from our new house in Washington, Utah to Torrey. We're shooting for Saturday, but honestly there are a couple of rather big obstacles we need to take care of if we both are going to make it.

Dennis and Laney 

11 hours ago, Dennis Andress said:

I can't remember the last time Laney and I went to Torey. We both really want to see our old friends! But we're still unpacking and trying to find a place for everything. We won't be able to find critter care in time either. So we're thinking day trip here - It's only three hours or so from our new house in Washington, Utah to Torrey. We're shooting for Saturday, but honestly there are a couple of rather big obstacles we need to take care of if we both are going to make it.

Dennis and Laney 

It would be great seeing y’all.

13 minutes ago, David13 said:

I wonder if anybody told the Chuckwagon that Ron B won't be there this year?

dc

Yes

14 hours ago, Dennis Andress said:

Dennis and Laney 

Would love to see you guys, 4 wheels or 2. It’s been too long, I think I last saw you two at the Moscow UN. 

Getting excited for this.  FYI, I will be bringing targets and equipments if anyone would like to join me at the range.

**   Chris   **
On 5/23/2020 at 1:05 PM, Bob Palin said:

I don't know the situation at the Rim Rock, I have no intention of eating out until this is over, probably needs to be a vaccine first. As I have told Whip I do not believe this event should be happening and I will not be participating. Please do not come to my house.

I am sorry to hear that Bob.  I guess I won't get to take one of your famous tours I am reading about.  

Maybe in the fall.  This will be the first time I will make two Torrey's in one year.

BeemerBerg

Shirley and I are IN!! Miraculously, the Chuckwagon had two rooms left. We haven't been to a Torrey for a dozen years, but really fell in love with the crowd! A chance to meet new friends, and perhaps connect with some of the BMWST members. Hope you'll welcome Shirley on her new Can Am Spyder.

• Thanks 1
On 5/30/2020 at 11:50 AM, BeemerBerg said:

Shirley and I are IN!! Miraculously, the Chuckwagon had two rooms left. We haven't been to a Torrey for a dozen years, but really fell in love with the crowd! A chance to meet new friends, and perhaps connect with some of the BMWST members. Hope you'll welcome Shirley on her new Can Am Spyder.

Looking forward to seeing you

chrisolson
1 hour ago, Stir said:

Home at 2:30.  Thanks to everyone.  I had a really good time.  

M

Really missed being there.

Where are the pics  ...... was anybody really in Torrey  ??   :4317:

• Like 2
16 hours ago, chrisolson said:

Really missed being there.

Where are the pics  ...... was anybody really in Torrey  ??   :4317:

I'll post some shortly.  Your name came up several times, so you were missed.

M

On 6/8/2020 at 9:21 AM, Stir said:

I'll post some shortly.

Hmmmmm... I don't think anyone was actually there ....

Oh wait, Eddd posted a picture ... but with no identifiable humans in it   :3:

20 hours ago, chrisolson said:

Hmmmmm... I don't think anyone was actually there ....

Oh wait, Eddd posted a picture ... but with no identifiable humans in it   :3:

OK, here are some real human members...

20200605_114022.jpg

20200605_114028.jpg

• Like 1