IGNORED

2009 R1200RT front axle bushing

The Rocketman

The Rocketman

Please confirm that the front axle bushing/spacer goes with the recessed groove (red arrow) facing the wheel bearing, and the non-grooved end faces the inside of the fork leg. Thanks!

IMG_0844.JPG

IMG_0845.JPG

40 minutes ago, The Rocketman said:

Please confirm that the front axle bushing/spacer goes with the recessed groove (red arrow) facing the wheel bearing, and the non-grooved end faces the inside of the fork leg. Thanks!

Afternoon Rocketman

Actually it probably goes in the trash pile. That looks like grease seal wear into the bushing surface.

You might at least turn it around. Put a little grease on the bushing & in the seal lips so it doesn't wear again.  

bushing 2009 ft wheel.jpg

The Rocketman

I didn't know what a new one looked like so thanks for the head's up. I will reverse it and grease it as you say. Regular pink-ish wheel bearing grease OK?

6 minutes ago, The Rocketman said:

I didn't know what a new one looked like so thanks for the head's up. I will reverse it and grease it as you say. Regular pink-ish wheel bearing grease OK?

Evening Rocketman

Yes, that will be fine. 

Put a thin coat of grease on the full length of the axle also as that prevents corrosion & makes removal in the future easier. 

9 minutes ago, The Rocketman said:

On it!  Thanks again.

Evening Rocketman

Next tire change you might want to think about installing as new seal.