Sign in to follow this  
gordiet

MOA Montana

gordiet

Any word on if national rally in Montana is still a go?

szurszewski

As far as I’ve heard the MOA board is still saying “we’re closely monitoring the situation and will make updates as things progress”

chrisolson
1 minute ago, szurszewski said:

As far as I’ve heard the MOA board is still saying “we’re closely monitoring the situation and will make updates as things progress”

Yep

LINKY

AZgman

The talk over on the MOA site is trending towards members cancelling their plans. I would expect a very small turnout if they do hold it. It might be better to cancel it and hold it at the 2020 site in 2021. The real question is; will the "UN" be held!

chrisolson
1 hour ago, AZgman said:

The real question is; will the "UN" be held!

The best  answer for now is. ...   :5188:

HOWEVER

California State government regs re: COVID-19  at that time may have an effect.  We can only monitor and advise when more information is available ...  which unfortunately won't be until much closer to event time. 

chrisolson

MOA Event has officially been moved to next year  ....

LINKY

szurszewski

For those too lazy to click (or in case

the moa page changes), here is the first paragraph there:

SADDLE UP & RIDE TO GREAT FALLS IN 2021

Facing uncertainty in the recovery effort from COVID-19 and possible regulations associated with large group gatherings, the BMW MOA National Rally has been moved to new dates in 2021. The Saddle Up & Ride event will be held at the Montana ExpoPark in Great Falls, Montana, June 24-27, 2021. Rally Chairs Corey & Becky Smith will continue to guide the largest event of the year for BMW motorcycle riders and features will remain essentially unchanged.

If you are registered now, you will automatically get that rolled over. If you want a refund you can have one or a get a future use voucher with a bonus 20% credit. 

Rider1200RT

That was a smart move IMHO. Too much guesswork as to where we will be with this virus..

dba

I cancelled all my plans for the rally.  Hopefully things will open up by Labor Day.