Sign in to follow this  
Potatoes

New tires help

Potatoes

I’m gonna get back into riding. Gonna get an 900 xr or a tracer 900 gt. Mainly I’m planning just to pleasure ride. 1-2 hour trips. Any recommendations for tires? Thanks , potatoes

TEWKS

Buying new? Just wear out the tires that are on either bike. You can then determine what you like and don't like about them. Manufacturers will usually test different brands and see what handles best, then go with the cheapest option. :grin:

BTW, welcome and bring pictures when you get the bike! :thumbsup:

Rougarou
57 minutes ago, Potatoes said:

Any recommendations for tires? Thanks , potatoes

Black, round and appropriate size.

Might as well ask........wait for it,..........

oil type:4607:

Welcome and if no pictures, it didn't happen.

• Haha 1

Skywagon

Potatoes... welcome.  Tires and Oil threads get highly debated and everyone has their favorites.  If you search Tires you will find tons of opinions on grip, mileage, sound, maneuverability, etc.  Without going into the detail here are some of the more popular tires...some will praise them, others will curse them

Bridgestone T-31 GT

Michelin PR's  - There are many PR's.  The newest is PR5GT.  GT generally means stiffer side wall

Avon

Pirelli

Continental Attacks - I think is their name

Many more.

You will enjoy this site.  Great owner, great group, a world of wealth and talent.  Post pictures of your ride.

Rougarou
4 minutes ago, Skywagon said:

Potatoes... welcome.  Tires and Oil threads get highly debated and everyone has their favorites.  If you search Tires you will find tons of opinions on grip, mileage, sound, maneuverability, etc.  Without going into the detail here are some of the more popular tires...some will praise them, others will curse them

Bridgestone T-31 GT

Michelin PR's  - There are many PR's.  The newest is PR5GT.  GT generally means stiffer side wall

Avon

Pirelli

Continental Attacks - I think is their name

Many more.

You will enjoy this site.  Great owner, great group, a world of wealth and talent.  Post pictures of your ride.

C'mon,....all those tires suck,.....even the Many more brand, those are the worst!!!

I've used Michelin PRs and some Dunlops

• Like 1

Potatoes

Thanks all for the feedback