IGNORED

Only Runs on the Left side??

bulletbill

2005 R1200RT, strange things going on?? Every thing running fine THEN!

Check the values all OK, replaced Plugs, started her up it only runs on the left side?? Swap side with the stick coils, only runs on the left side, checked right side plug they are wet with fuel?

What on God earth could I have done??

10 hours ago, bulletbill said:

2005 R1200RT, strange things going on?? Every thing running fine THEN!

Check the values all OK, replaced Plugs, started her up it only runs on the left side?? Swap side with the stick coils, only runs on the left side, checked right side plug they are wet with fuel?

What on God earth could I have done??

Morning  bulletbill

When did the "THEN" happen? Were you riding the bike when the THEN happened, or working on the bike when the THEN happened, or ????-- need me info on when the then happened. 

If your R/H side throttle cable seated fully in cable splitter box? Is the R/H side throttle cable still snapped solidly into the cable bracket at the R/H throttle body?

Is the R/H throttle body plastic throttle body cam broken???? (it happens to some).

Give us more info on when the problem started then hopefully we can get you closer to finding the problem.

On 4/11/2020 at 5:52 AM, dirtrider said:

Morning  bulletbill

When did the "THEN" happen? Were you riding the bike when the THEN happened, or working on the bike when the THEN happened, or ????-- need me info on when the then happened. 

If your R/H side throttle cable seated fully in cable splitter box? Is the R/H side throttle cable still snapped solidly into the cable bracket at the R/H throttle body?

Is the R/H throttle body plastic throttle body cam broken???? (it happens to some).

Give us more info on when the problem started then hopefully we can get you closer to finding the problem.

Well it just crazy. The process was pulled the skin, checked values (only one needed adjustment) put new plugs start her up and it not running on the rt side, checked coils OK, check th bodies OK, today checked spark OK, then she ran on both for a short time,  the right side stoped hitting. pulled hair. I have Moto Scan on my tablet but never got cables (didnt know which I need)

9 minutes ago, bulletbill said:

Well it just crazy. The process was pulled the skin, checked values (only one needed adjustment) put new plugs start her up and it not running on the rt side, checked coils OK, check th bodies OK, today checked spark OK, then she ran on both for a short time,  the right side stoped hitting. pulled hair. I have Moto Scan on my tablet but never got cables (didnt know which I need)

Evening bulletbill

If the coils are OK & you have spark then your Moto Scan probably won't tell you much.

What side did you adjust the valve on? How much did you adjust it??????

You might try running a compression test as possibly you broke a piece of carbon loose & it now is stuck between  a valve & it's seat. 

You might need to go back to the basics & re-verify spark (again), verify fuel spray from the R/H side fuel injector,  verify compression. 

Wil it just not idle on both sides, or will it also not run on both sides at higher throttle openings????

• 3 weeks later...
bulletbill

Thanks everyone for replies? Pulled the ECU unplugged/replugged  no change??? next day had a friens with one of thise magnetnett personality came by, I said let me show you what is going on? fire up my one cylinder RT and it runs just fine???? Oh well thangs again rode her 100 miles the next day and seems ithas fixed itself.

Warren Dean
21 minutes ago, bulletbill said:

Thanks everyone for replies? Pulled the ECU unplugged/replugged  no change??? next day had a friens with one of thise magnetnett personality came by, I said let me show you what is going on? fire up my one cylinder RT and it runs just fine???? Oh well thangs again rode her 100 miles the next day and seems ithas fixed itself.

Be very afraid of problems that "fix themselves"....:14:

dirtrider
12 hours ago, bulletbill said:

Morning  bulletbill

Now that it is running OK again there is no way to tell for sure what happened but what you had happen is somewhat typical of the R/H throttle cable being partially pulled out of it's seat at either the splitter box or at the throttle body bracket. 

When doing other work on the motorcycle if that cable gets disturbed it won't run on that cylinder, but if  then it returns back into it's seat then the R/H side cylinder can start working again. 

bulletbill

Life is full of mysteries so we will just wait till it happens again if ever???  

Thank ou and all that replied!