IGNORED

R12RT lower fairing swap?

ben1364

I have a Red R12RT with black lower fairing plastic. If you have the silver/grey(?)lower fairing bits and want to swap, I'm game. I prefer the lighter color and if you would rather have the darker color, a trade could make us both happier and give us an excuse to ride! I will meet you half way up to 1000 miles or so on my part. I don't, however want the hassle of packing and shipping the parts. Let me know, please.

Best,

Ben White/Georgetown, TX

I too would like a lower fairing swap. I have silver and want black. Georgetown, TX is 1700 miles from my town, but a bit far to ride for a swap, not to mention the time I would need to do it.

Anyone else out there want a swap?

I too would like a lower fairing swap. I have silver and want black. Georgetown, TX is 1700 miles from my town, but a bit far to ride for a swap, not to mention the time I would need to do it.

I will meet you half way between. Think of it as an excuse to ride with a side benefit. I might be persuaded to ride 1100 miles to meet you. Think about it and propose a meeting point!

Best,

B..

Anyone else out there want a swap?

ShovelStrokeEd

Why not just both ride to Nashville? A one day ride for ezch of you and do the swap there. You can do the swap in an hour or two, have dinner, trade war stories, and ride home the next morning. Planned correctly, you could even both get a SS1000 or Bun Burner 1500 out of it.

Why not just both ride to Nashville? A one day ride for ezch of you and do the swap there. You can do the swap in an hour or two, have dinner, trade war stories, and ride home the next morning. Planned correctly, you could even both get a SS1000 or Bun Burner 1500 out of it.

The most I've done in a day is about 600 miles and that took 12 hours, I suppose another 250 wouldn't kill me, but that remains to be seen. I cannot even imagine trying to explain this trip to my wife. confused.gifcrazy.gif

I have silver lowers and would like to swap one side with someone who has black. That way, if I decide I was better off with silver after all (which is what would happen if I did swap), I can park the bike the other way round or take care only to approach from one direction.

I am in the UK and will meet anyone half way up to a distance of 100 miles unless it starts raining, in which case I won't be there.

What about starting an exchange scheme like Smart car owners do so we can all have a free change every so often?

Do they have Smart cars in the States?

marcopolo

"Do they have Smart cars in the States?" No, not yet, but they do in Canada. I would imagine it's only a matter of time.

...I am in the UK and will meet anyone half way up to a distance of 100 miles...

Mark. I tried to take you up on the swap but my bike stopped running when I entered Long Island Sound. Does anyone know if our free roadside service agreement covers water recovery? cool.gif

JimConnell
Do they have Smart cars in the States?

We're still working on Smart drivers. Progress is going very slow. grin.gif

Jim

Just in case Ben is getting annoyed that I hijacked his thread, can somebody please offer him a swap? I actually think that black lowers look better because the silver looks a bit "tacky" to me. However, I decided I wanted silver on my RT after considering the fact that my mate's 1200GS always looked cleaner than my Pan after a few hundred miles of rough weather. The Pan was red with black lowers and both colours meant that road dirt showed up as a lighter colour. I am guessing that this is Ben's motivation for the swap. There must be someone in that vast country of yours who prefers the more solid look of black.

Just in case Ben is getting annoyed that I hijacked his thread, can somebody please offer him a swap? I actually think that black lowers look better because the silver looks a bit "tacky" to me. However, I decided I wanted silver on my RT after considering the fact that my mate's 1200GS always looked cleaner than my Pan after a few hundred miles of rough weather. The Pan was red with black lowers and both colours meant that road dirt showed up as a lighter colour. I am guessing that this is Ben's motivation for the swap. There must be someone in that vast country of yours who prefers the more solid look of black.

Hey Mark. Tis a slow day in the UK, huh? <g>

Actually I sent Chris a note of encouragement to meet and swap; if for no other reason than an excuse to ride in Tennessee. I told him about Deal's Gap, for one thing. I really would like to have the "tacky" silver lowers despite

your pronouncement. Hopefully Chris or someone else will feel as you do. :-)

Best,

Ben

marcopolo

I love my silver lowers; couldn't imagine having black. The silver looks much better than the black, at least on my bike IMHO.

IMG_0005.jpg

Yes, Ben and I are discussing a swap. TN is a reasonable distance from both of us. We just need to work out the logistics and timing. Vacation plans are throwing us off right now, but we'll make it work eventually.

The silver lowers are the way to go with the granite gray. I was just thinking how those bag protectors would look in silver. I don't think BMW offers them yet. Pat

I'd also be interested in swapping my black lowers for silver if anyone else is interested.

Maybe a meeting at one of the big rallies this summer?

I'll bring tools, and pretzels and beer (assuming we're not riding back same day). grin.gif

I'd also be interested in swapping my black lowers for silver if anyone else is interested.

Maybe a meeting at one of the big rallies this summer?

I'll bring tools, and pretzels and beer (assuming we're not riding back same day). grin.gif

Hey Brad, if you are in NE PA or NYC area, we could do the swap easy. I'm in south Jersey, so we can't more than 3 hours apart. As much as I'd like to ride to TN to swap lowers, this is a much more practical way to go. PM me or email me at calberto@comcast.net and let's see if we could hook up.

If you guys make a deal, please let me know. Dark or light lower fairing bits are no really big deal but I think the light lowers look better on the Red bike while dary fairings look bbetter on black bikes. I will be in NW AR in mid August with time on my hands if someone wants to swap. Please keep it in mind, y'all.

Best,

Ben

blush.gifcrazy.gif

Well, I hadn't read the thread carefully - didn't intend to jump in and screw up anyone else's deal.

dopeslap.gifdopeslap.gifdopeslap.gif

But it's true that Chris and I are much closer in distance - less than two hours.

If someone else wants black lowers on their 12RT, please chime in and work with Ben.

And please 'scuse my ignoramus, Ben!

blush.gifcrazy.gif

Well, I hadn't read the thread carefully - didn't intend to jump in and screw up anyone else's deal.

dopeslap.gifdopeslap.gifdopeslap.gif

But it's true that Chris and I are much closer in distance - less than two hours.

If someone else wants black lowers on their 12RT, please chime in and work with Ben.

And please 'scuse my ignoramus, Ben!

No problem. Just find someone else who wants to trade their "tacky" silver lowers for premium black. Rumor has it that the black lowers improve tire life, fuel efficiency and top speed by up to 12.7%. :-)

Archived