IGNORED

Error Codes for ABS on 2008 R1200RT...any thoughts?

Greg-2008R1200RT

Greg-2008R1200RT

Hi.. Just had a fellow rider read the codes on my 2008 R1200RT....Codes were....

" 24048.....Pump motor defective. The fault is currently present
24049.....Power supply to pump motor faulty. The fault is currently present."

There was also one other code that showed up in general that was not current
"24052....Electrical System under voltage, The fault is not present now"

I am possibly sending the ABS module to Module Masters but wanted to post here first to see if anyone has
experience with these codes on the ABS.....any thoughts?
Thanks. Greg

11 hours ago, Greg-2008R1200RT said:

Hi.. Just had a fellow rider read the codes on my 2008 R1200RT....Codes were....

" 24048.....Pump motor defective. The fault is currently present
24049.....Power supply to pump motor faulty. The fault is currently present."

There was also one other code that showed up in general that was not current
"24052....Electrical System under voltage, The fault is not present now"

I am possibly sending the ABS module to Module Masters but wanted to post here first to see if anyone has
experience with these codes on the ABS.....any thoughts?
Thanks. Greg

Morning Greg

Those codes are usually related to a stuck pump motor brush in the ABS module. At least this would be my educated guess.

You can sometimes get the motor to free up by tapping on the ABS  module with a rawhide mallet or rubber mallet. But the problem usually comes back again. 

There a complicated way to repair it yourself but that requires good working knowledge of the ABS module as well as drilling on the module & some fiddly work.

Greg-2008R1200RT
24 minutes ago, dirtrider said:

Morning Greg

Those codes are usually related to a stuck pump motor brush in the ABS module. At least this would be my educated guess.

You can sometimes get the motor to free up by tapping on the ABS  module with a rawhide mallet or rubber mallet. But the problem usually comes back again. 

There a complicated way to repair it yourself but that requires good working knowledge of the ABS module as well as drilling on the module & some fiddly work.

24 minutes ago, dirtrider said:

Thanks Dirtrider....I am not much of a mechanic but I will start soon to remove the unit and send it off to Module Masters for repair. $250 is a bargain to repair compared to the replacement cost

• 1 month later...
Curt Adams

I had great results with my ABS repair by Module Masters.  My local Stealer wanted $1800 for a new unit.  MM did it for about $400, IIRC.

Curt