IGNORED

Satellite radio will not link

Rob L

I have a 2014 RT.  I have used Sirius radio every year.  I cancel it in October and start it in March or April every year.  I restarted it this year for only $6.48 a month for 12 months.  The problem is, I cannot get the radio to link this year.  Never had this happen before.  The XM Preview channel works fine.  I even unplugged the antenna under the seat, the preview stopped working until I plugged back in.  I guess this means the antenna is OK.  I have 3 bars and have tried linking over a dozen times in the last 3 weeks.  I have re-entered the code several times and even called their help line to try to link.  I believe the problem is with the radio on the bike.  BTW my Sirius account works on other devices ie. my computer and my car.  Anyone have some recommendations for resolving this issue?

It seems like you have already performed a systematic troubleshooting.  From your description it sounds like the hardware is working, but the firmware on your radio needs a reset or an update.  One possible solution is to disconnect the battery for awhile, and then try again.  But, I think a better solution would be to have a dealer update your firmware.  Did you know that your motorcycle has firmware?  Last year, I paid $100 to my local dealer to update my 2017 R1200RT to the current firmware, which at the time was dated May 2019.  If you have access to a GS911, you can check the date of your firmware.  

Cap

Motorhead1977

Did you have Sirius send a "refresh" signal to your radio? Had to have them do that once on my Goldwing. Everything was fine after.